Monday 10/20/08 Dinner
  Re: (...)
We have to spend the day in Hoods Canal (still helping with remodeling a kitchen), so I have Split Pea soup and a piece of the 'cold pizza' bread thawing - so nothing exerting.

What's everyone else up to? No wonder today's date looked familiar - it's book review day!! I'm sorry to say the book is still sitting on my table unopened, but will be looking forward to the review thread from all of you who read it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday 10/20/08 Dinner by cjs (We have to spend the...)
I need inspiration and nothing too exerting. I injured my back on Saturday and cannot stand for very long. It may end up being take out of some sort. Split pea soup sounds divine. If only we had a good place to get soup.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Monday 10/20/08 Dinner by chef_Tab (I need inspiration a...)
Here we're having tuna steaks with a green bean & red bell peppers and a brown basmati & orzo pilaf. The veges and rice I'm trying for the first time.
  Re: Re: Monday 10/20/08 Dinner by HomeCulinarian (Here we're having tu...)
Hope your back feels better soon, Theresa.

We are having the ham & lentil stew from the Stews & Chilies book with toasted baguette slices.
  Re: Re: Monday 10/20/08 Dinner by Trixxee (Hope your back feels...)
Thanks, Trixxee! You are going to love that Ham and Lentil Stew!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Monday 10/20/08 Dinner by chef_Tab (Thanks, Trixxee! You...)
How is the Stews and Chilies book?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday 10/20/08 Dinner by BarbaraS (How is the Stews and...)
The Stews & Chilies book is great. I have only made a couple of recipes out of it so far by they've all been really good. I sent a copy to my best friend in Oregon and she's made a lot more recipes than I have and she said everyone of them has been a hit.

The Splendid Soups book is also a winner.
  Re: Re: Monday 10/20/08 Dinner by Trixxee (The Stews & Chilies ...)
I'll have to order it. I'm getting into stews now. Never done a chili recipe.

Thanks!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Monday 10/20/08 Dinner by BarbaraS (I'll have to order i...)
It's Monday and I'm not feeling very motivated, so were' having BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, green beans, and MAYBE some cornbread.

Theresa, I hope your back gets better soon!

Barbara, you'll love the Soups, Stews, and Chilies book! I've made several things and only found one that I was not impressed with.

I have made:
Creamy Crab Chowder (the one that was not very impressive)
Cajun Catfish Chowder
Supreme Pizza Soup
Italian Sausage & Squash Soup
Coq au Vin
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday 10/20/08 Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (It's Monday and I'm ...)
Daphne,

I ordered it today. How's the Cog au Vin recipe? I made one I found off foodnetwork.com by Emeril Lagasse and it was great but 5 hours of non-stop prepwork and cooking! But it was "omg" delicious!

Barbara