Saturday 10/18 Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Easy dinner - ham and navy bean soup and grilled fontina & rst'd bell pepper sandwiches.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday 10/18 Dinner? by cjs (Easy dinner - ham an...)
I have no idea. I'll have to get inspiration from you guys. It's pretty cool and rainy here, so I'm thinking something soupy, too. I may have to check into the Soups, Stews, and Chilies book.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday 10/18 Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I have no idea. I'l...)
I'm with you, Daphne, I get ideas a lot from when everyone posts their ideas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday 10/18 Dinner? by cjs (Easy dinner - ham an...)
I think I am making Chicken with Mushrooms and Swiss Cheese, from Maryana Vollstedt's Big Book of Casseroles. Will serve with brown rice and broccoli.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Saturday 10/18 Dinner? by esgunn (I think I am making ...)
We are going on our annual fall picnic here in a bit with my sister's family. I'm picking up sandwiches at Togos and she's bringing some side salads. But that's really for a late lunch. We probably won't really wind up eating a real dinner.

This is where we are going. It's fun for the kids because there's a train ride, haunted house, face painting, etc.

http://www.irvineparkrailroad.com/
  Re: Re: Saturday 10/18 Dinner? by Trixxee (We are going on our ...)
Saturday's my big night to cook, sometimes Sunday, too. Tonight it's onion soup gratinee (C@H recipe, issue #11), rib roast, smashie potatos, and garden salad.

Barbara<~~~watching Ratatouille on cable right now
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday 10/18 Dinner? by BarbaraS (Saturday's my big ni...)
It's funny you mentioned this, because my brain keeps going back to making the Ratatouille Chicken Thighs with Soft Polenta. But I'm still undecided.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday 10/18 Dinner? by BarbaraS (Saturday's my big ni...)
Rib Roast......yummmmm.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Saturday 10/18 Dinner? by chef_Tab (Rib Roast......yummm...)
Thai Shrimp Skewers on wilted spinach with peanut sauce!
Maybe an appy, crab puffs?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday 10/18 Dinner? by farnfam (Thai Shrimp Skewers ...)
>>>>>SMACK<<<<<

Cis, I'm gonna get you! The crab puffs, too!!! You're mean!

Okay, I think I've decided...LOL! Where's Lorraine...LOL! After looking for the cheesecake muffins for Theresa, I discovered the Sage Dressing Muffins. Suddenly, I wanted a pre-Thanksgiving dinner. Sooooo, I'm hoping to get a turkey breast to thaw and roast it, have the muffins, maybe some polenta (got a craving), and something green- maybe green beans or sauteed cabbage. Oh, and of course turkey gravy!
Daphne