Chicken Peanut Rama
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have a recipe for this Thai dish that they would recommend?
  Re: Chicken Peanut Rama by Trixxee (Does anyone have a r...)
Sorry Trixxee, my Thai files are very lean. I just recently started making Thai food. I'll be anxious to see what comes up here. Sadly, I don't even know what Rama is.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chicken Peanut Rama by Gourmet_Mom (Sorry Trixxee, my Th...)
Well, I'm not sure if the Rama refers to the peanut sauce or the spinach in it - or neither! But I have had it at a local Thai hole in the wall and it was really good.
  Re: Re: Chicken Peanut Rama by Trixxee (Well, I'm not sure i...)
It is chicken served on wilted spinach with a peanut sauce on top - can also be called a swimming Angel. There were quite a few peanut sauces floating around on previous posts. All you really need to do is grill, poach, saute some chicken and serve over spinach with the peanut sauce and rice on the side.

Here is one Peanut Sauce Thread

And Another Peanut Sauce Thread
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Chicken Peanut Rama by esgunn (It is chicken served...)
Well, that sounds really good! I've got a good peanut sauce, so this may go on the menu next week. Thanks Trixxee AND Erin!

I can't help but wonder what it would be like to use the chicken and sauce part of the Thia Chicken Skewer wraps we did for Lab's review dinner. But instead of serving on lettuce leaves, serve on the wilted spinach?

We really liked the flavors in that one.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Chicken Peanut Rama by Gourmet_Mom (Well, that sounds re...)
have not had anything with the peanut sauce for the longest time - guess the time is now. Trixxee, thanks for bringing it up.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Peanut Rama by cjs (have not had anythin...)
Welcome! And thanks Erin. I plan on making this tomorrow.
  Re: Re: Chicken Peanut Rama by Trixxee (Welcome! And thanks...)
Daph, I love your idea!! Where can I find the recipe for Labs dinner review Thai Chicken?
I might do this tonite, with shrimp.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Chicken Peanut Rama by farnfam (Daph, I love your id...)
Here you go!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Thai Chicken Skewer Wraps

Recipe By :Cuisine at Home
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Poultry

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves -- packed
6 tablespoons brown sugar -- divided
6 tablespoons fresh lime juice -- divided
2 tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Salt to taste
2 lbs. chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C -- sliced into 1/4" thick strips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup shallots -- chopped
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh ginger -- chopped
3 cloves garlic -- chopped
16 bibb lettuce leaves
16 strips red bell pepper
16 strips cucumber
Lime wedges

Blend cilantro, 4 T. brown sugar, 2 T. lime juice, 1 T. curry paste, pepper flakes, and salt in a food processor till smooth.
Pour over chicken, toss to coat, and marinate 10 min. Preheat broiler to high with rack 6" from element; coat a broiler pan with nonstick spray.

Process 2 T. brown sugar, 4 T. lime juice and 1 T. curry paste with peanut butter, water, shallots, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in the processor (no need to wash the bowl) until smooth. Transfer to a serving dish.

Thread chicken onto 32 skewers. Arrange 8 skewers on prepared pan; cover ends of skewers with foil to prevent burning. Broil chicken in batches till browned and cooked though, 6 min.

To serve wrap a lettuce leaf around 2 strips of chicken, remove skewers, then add bell pepper and cucumber. Drizzle with sauce and lime juice.

Makes 16 skewers, about 2 cups sauce

Source:
"Cuisine at Home"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 414 Calories; 12g Fat (25.5% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 69mg Cholesterol; 673mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 6 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 1/28/08 I served this with fried rice. I made the rice just in case William didn’t like the wraps. I’ve mentioned before that we had a very bad experience with cilantro before, so I was afraid this one was going to be a bust. Boy was I off the mark on that. He gobbled up the chicken and said I could make this any time I wanted to. When I asked him to rate them on a scale of 1 to 10, he gave them an 11. I made them exactly by the recipe. I can see this being a favorite this spring and summer on the deck. It had such a light fresh taste.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Chicken Peanut Rama by Gourmet_Mom (Here you go![br][br]...)
Thanks Daph, I see I'll have to make a few adjustments, but this will work with shrimp!
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life