Thursday 10/16 Dinner?
  Re: (...)
I have not the slightest idea yet - what are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday 10/16 Dinner? by cjs (I have not the sligh...)
Something fairly quick since my son has a late afternoon dentist appointment. I think I'm going to hit the Farmer's Market and see what kind of fish they have. Grilled swordfish sounds good as does something sauteed, like snapper or John Dory.
  Re: Re: Thursday 10/16 Dinner? by Trixxee (Something fairly qui...)
Probbly going to be a meatless nite with broccoli,garbanzos, onion, garlic etc. over rotini with gorganzola. Fancy pasta fajiole or pasta fa zool as we called it in Brooklyn
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Thursday 10/16 Dinner? by cjs (I have not the sligh...)
We're having spaghetti with Italian sausage and peppers from the garden, garlic toast rounds and are going to share one giant plum that I found at the commissary with some brick cheese.
  Re: Re: Thursday 10/16 Dinner? by (We're having spaghet...)
I just bought everything I need to make the Pork Gremolata from the Cuisine for Two book. I don't think anyone has reviewed this yet(could not find it in the search). I just had a hankering for pork chops.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Thursday 10/16 Dinner? by chef_Tab (I just bought everyt...)
We are going to my place of employment for dinner tonight. Holly's birthday is Monday so keeping my schedule in mind we settled on tonight for dinner out with my Mom, Holly's 85 year old Grandmother and Kambree and I. Holly's parents are in Atlanta with the rest of her Dad's family so they will miss out and my Mom's Husband is too sick to travel the 54 miles from my Mom's house to my work.

I am not sure what everyone will be having but my Chef is looking forward to impressing all...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Thursday 10/16 Dinner? by firechef (We are going to my p...)
"spaghetti with Italian sausage and peppers from the garden, garlic toast rounds" - oh, that got me. That's what we're having. Thanks Sonja, will just hit the spot.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday 10/16 Dinner? by cjs ("spaghetti with Ital...)
Pork chops stuffed with blue cheese, bacon, and green onion.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Thursday 10/16 Dinner? by BarbaraS (Pork chops stuffed w...)
I changed my mind since I didn't get to the Farmer's Market. Chicken soft tacos and pinto beans.

Theresa - I tried that recipe only with chicken. I liked it a lot. Simple but very tasty.
  Re: Re: Thursday 10/16 Dinner? by Trixxee (I changed my mind si...)
Marinara with Italian sausage and pasta sounds good to me. I think that's what we'll be having.