BBQs, or, where ya'll from?
  Re: (...)
There's more than one way to fix BBQ. Video
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.
  Re: BBQs, or, where ya'll from? by buzzard767 (There's more than on...)
Good video--Texas checking in---
Dry rubbed brisket of beef, smoked and sloooow cooked--no sauce if you did it right.
Pork ribs (me, baby back)--rub, seared and slow cooked-- (I like "bone sucking sauce")
Beef ribs--I prefer beer braised.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: BBQs, or, where ya'll from? by Old Bay (Good video--Texas ch...)
Cute! And they're from "home", too!

Boston Butt, smoked for hours with just salt and pepper, then chopped or picked with vinegar based sauce.

Pork ribs...what Bill said!

Brisket, I'll be doin' my first one this weekend and not sure what I'll do. Bill?

Chicken, (does that count?) grilled with s/p, then glazed with a nice thick BBQ sauce. (usually brined ahead of time if I remember....LOL)

Beef ribs, I've only tried once and did not care for them since I love pork ribs so much. Did I say love...I mean obsessed!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: BBQs, or, where ya'll from? by Gourmet_Mom (Cute! And they're f...)
Pretty funny - did you notice when they show Florida, it's got the shape of the state of California in the graphic.
LOL, that's good. Not being from a Southern State, it was all Greek to me
They have a thing they do up here with chicken. They brine it in salt water and herbs, before they grill it on a 50 gallon drum cut in half lengthways. They do it for fundraisers. It's dry and not tasty really.
So thats the Great White North of NY checking in right there
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: BBQs, or, where ya'll from? by farnfam (LOL, that's good. N...)
OMG! HC, I didn't notice that the first time...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: BBQs, or, where ya'll from? by buzzard767 (There's more than on...)
Hi there Buzz. Nice to hear from you! YOu always have something interesting to say.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Daphne, are you doing a whole brisket (10-14lbs)? Or a trimmed brisket--flat cut 4-5 lbs, or a point cut (fatty) 5-6 lbs. And do you have an outdoor smoker?
Let me know and I'll get back to you.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: BBQs, or, where ya'll from? by Old Bay (Daphne, are you doin...)
Bill, I'm pretty sure, looking at it, that it's the trimmed, flat cut. My grill when set up correctly can be used for a smoker. I've not done much smoking, though. I have to open the vents AND jack the lid to get the temp low enough. Then there's the whole getting the wood to smoke thing that I haven't been able to really work just right.

All advice will be appreciated. The grill is indirect heat. (There's a pan under the grate between the heat source and the grate.) I need to get the manual for the thing to get more info before I do this, I guess...unless you can advise.
Daphne
  Re: Re: BBQs, or, where ya'll from? by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, I'm pretty sur...)
California checking in...Citrus glaze is my preference for chicken, dry rub for ribs and brisket.