Tuesday 10/14 Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Are you all outdoing your own selves from yesterday's dinner? Everything sounded so good. and had frozen soup!

But, today, I do have the Bistro meatloaf in the frig. ready to bake tonight with some grilled fries (supposed to be nice!) and the Cheesy Meatloaf in the oven now (to take to my sister's tomorrow) - man, does this one smell good and I won't be able to taste it this time, but I will make it again. It's a stuffed loaf with cheddar, blue, parm, green onions inside and topped with tomato slices and more parm for finishing baking. How can it not be good.

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday 10/14 Dinner? by cjs (Are you all outdoing...)
That sounds really good. I'm not sure what we're having tonight. Last night was chicken and salad. Something with some shrimp I think.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday 10/14 Dinner? by Harborwitch (That sounds really g...)
Salmon and pasta, I think.
  Re: Re: Tuesday 10/14 Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (Salmon and pasta, I ...)
Well, I just got back from Costco with some crab meat and that new holiday cookbook. I have not decided what to do with the crab yet. I swore I wouldn't buy that book for a couple of weeks, till I get paid, but there were only two left! I had no choice! I am going to blame it all on Daphne, cuz she is the one that pointed out the temptations in it. hahaha.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuesday 10/14 Dinner? by chef_Tab (Well, I just got bac...)
Hey, don't blame me...LOL!

I'm trying out another Soups, Stews, and Chilies dish. Believe it or not, at 50 years old I've never tasted or prepared Coq au Vin. I'm also having the side of mashers, except they didn't have parsnips at the store the other day, so I guess I'll have to try them at another time. I do have a question about subbing for brandy though, but I'll put it on another thread...unless I find my answer on the cooking with alcohol thread from a week ago.

Although, I do find myself without garlic ! So I may just make a trip to the store for both.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday 10/14 Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Hey, don't blame me....)
Oh my, those of you with the meatloaf book (and those who don't have it ---- neener, neener ) - this is the Cheesy meatloaf after the first 50 minute baking with all the goodies layered iside
[Image: cheesymeatloaf1.jpg]

and then you top it with tomato slices, freshly gruond black pepper, parmesan and parsley and bake it for another 10 minutes -
[Image: cheesymeatloaf2.jpg]

Also, I have to divide any dessert I take to Everett between my sister, my mother and my aunt, so couldn't make this lemon cake in the bundt pan which it's supposed to made in - it has the most delicious lemon glaze. so I used a mini-cheesecake pan, two mini-kinda bundt pans and one alum. mini-loaf pan. Perfect for the amount of batter.

They turned out much better than I thought they would and I can divide them up nicely - (saving one for us too!
[Image: MiniLemonCakes.jpg]

Now, almost time to put our meatloaf in....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday 10/14 Dinner? by cjs (Oh my, those of you ...)
Oh, that is just NOT FAIR, Jean. You little minx! Like that meatloaf needed improving after the first 50 minutes! I am licking my monitor.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuesday 10/14 Dinner? by cjs (Oh my, those of you ...)
Goodness, Jean, that meatloaf looks WONDERFUL! Now I'll HAVE to buy that one...just for this recipe. William would LOVE this one!

Those lemon cakes look good too! The mini bundt ones look like little doughnuts!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday 10/14 Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Goodness, Jean, that...)
Alright you rotten person Jean! Bless your heart! What was the name of that cookbook again? Now I'll have to get it. AND, where did the recipe for the lemon cake come from? I'm going to have to get another bookshelf for any new cookbooks!

OK, I ordered them! Rotten people!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Tuesday 10/14 Dinner? by bjcotton (Alright you rotten p...)
Gaaaaaaaaah! That meatloaf is so so so so unbelievably awful! Awful only because it's not in my oven waiting for me to come home to eat it! I will show the picture to Bob and he will "force" me to get the cookbook!!! (I hope)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!