Not Again!
  Re: (...)
Well our landlord called this week to let us know that he thinks he want to live in his house. Soooooo we are now looking for a new place, and starting the packing, sorting, tossing, and whining.

Have to be out by the 8th of November! So I may not be here as much as for a while - but I'll check in when I can.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Not Again! by Harborwitch (Well our landlord ca...)
Yikes!!! Make sure you check out your local "Multiple Listing Service" websites to see what is available from all of the area real estate agents and brokers...having a mother that is a real estate agent/broker helps to dig up information "everywhere."

Keep us posted!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Not Again! by firechef (Yikes!!! Make sure ...)
Well, doesn't that stink! Good luck on finding something you like quickly. Hey, maybe you'll find something with a kitchen you love!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Not Again! by Gourmet_Mom (Well, doesn't that s...)
How awful to have this happen right before the holidays! I am sorry Sharon. I don't think I could be ready to move in a month, and I am a minimalist. How long have you lived there? I hope you find something you like even better. At least the smoker goes with you!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Not Again! by chef_Tab (How awful to have th...)
Did you check your lease? That seems like pretty short notice. When we had our rental property (and a standard lease contract) we had to give 6 months notice.

Either way...look at the bright side.

1 - Get to clean out the closets and drawers that we all put off doing.

2 - The adventure of settling in to a new place.

3 - Meeting new neighbors in time for the holidays. (Oh they will be so pleased to have you around!)

4 - The market has lots of properties available right now. Call the banks, they may be working with home owners to keep them from walking away from their homes and leasing them out might be an option.

You guys are going to be just fine
  Re: Re: Not Again! by chef_Tab (How awful to have th...)
I can't believe how calm you sound about it, Sharon. How hard is it to find a place out there by you? I would be a nervous wreck if I had to move that fast! Good luck in finding something that you like.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Good Lord, that is not even much notice, Sharon - wish everyone could be there to help you -
What a bummer! I hate moving. I am sure you will find something. But that only gives you a few weeks. Kinda scary. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope you find a wonderful place to live.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Not Again! by luvnit (What a bummer! I hat...)
Sharon dear, don't forget to pull up everything you planted so the jerk doesn't benefit from your efforts! I know that sounds bi#chy, but that's okay with me.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Not Again! by bjcotton (Sharon dear, don't f...)
I'm with Billy on that one, take your little planties with you by golly. Sorry you have to go thru this Sharon, wish I could help. Hope you find something you thought was lost as you pack.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life