Molto Manicotti ???
  Re: (...)
Hi,

Has anyone made the chicken sausage manicotti from issue 54( Dec 05)? I'm thinking of making that for Canadian Thanksgiving along with the Black Forest cake from the same issue.
So many recipes, so little time.....
  Re: Molto Manicotti ??? by Calipoutine (Hi,[br][br]Has anyon...)
Um, I dream about this recipe! It is one of my alltime favorite dishes. Nobody will be disappointed it is fabulous!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
It has gotten some good reviews - if you search for "Molto Manicotti" in quotes, you should find them.

Here is the link to Molto Manicotti
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Molto Manicotti ??? by esgunn (It has gotten some g...)
Another beautiful sounding and looking recipe. Now don't laugh at me folks, but is there anything tricky to making a bechamel sauce? I've never attempted it for some reason.
  Re: Re: Molto Manicotti ??? by Trixxee (Another beautiful so...)
I'm not laughing, but have you ever made macaroni and cheese from scratch? If so, then you've made a bechamel. Its pretty simple and forgiving. Try it, you wont be dissapointed.
  Re: Re: Molto Manicotti ??? by Calipoutine (I'm not laughing, bu...)
Do you think this recipe would freeze well? before or after baking. I am thinking before baking. I like taking large recipes like this and putting in two pans and freezing half.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Molto Manicotti ??? by esgunn (Do you think this re...)
This is such a wonderful recipe. Erin, I think you could get it ready for the oven and freeze, but it may also work making up the manicotti, freeze, thaw, and continue. Using the later method would be easier to freeze, IMHO. Also, I don't know about freezing a cream sauce. Would it break? Obviously, others are better at freezing than me.

I'll go stand in the corner and shut up now...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Molto Manicotti ??? by Gourmet_Mom (This is such a wonde...)
Love this recipe!!! I served it to my book club and it was a hit.
  Re: Re: Molto Manicotti ??? by HomeCulinarian (Love this recipe!!! ...)
I remember when Laura made this and she really liked it - plus she gave a good review to the tomato salad that goes with it.

Sometimes it's tricky to freeze white sauces, they can break. With my mac & cheese, I add so much of the 'dreadful' 'Merican cheese that it must completely change the texture, because it freezes great. I'd go for it, if it were me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
You all were right, this was great!! I made the filling mixture yesterday and filled them today. I skipped the tomato salad since we're not raw tomato fans. I actually think I would prefer this manicotti with a marinara sauce. It was still yummy though, everyone really liked it.