Meatloaf by Maryana Vollstedt
  Re: (...)
Oh Jean, How could you !! I just picked up this book and the Big book of casseroles at the library. I think I need to just buy them both! Soooo many really good looking recipes. My hubby will love the meatloaf, and I think there are a LOT of casserole recipes to make - that even he will like (Not typical casseroles). I can tell these recipes will be a staple in the winter as we move closer to the teen years with three kids!

I can't wait to make the cheeseburger meatloaf, Any one of the texmex/mexican ones, the tuscan, the asian, the thai...it just goes on and on.

Darn you!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Meatloaf by Maryana Vollstedt by esgunn (Oh Jean, How could y...)
Oh dear!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Meatloaf by Maryana Vollstedt by Gourmet_Mom (Oh dear! [img]/ubbth...)
I may be able to convince Holly I need this one...well maybe not given our finances...oh well. I'll have to live through all of you here still.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Meatloaf by Maryana Vollstedt by esgunn (Oh Jean, How could y...)
How did I miss this book? I love meatloaf, and so does he. Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Meatloaf by Maryana Vollstedt by Lorraine (How did I miss this ...)
Now that all the company is gone, I'm planning on making meatloaf almost every week!!

I used the Big Book of Casseroles when I was p.c.ing and the ones I used were great!

have fun, Erin!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meatloaf by Maryana Vollstedt by cjs (Now that all the com...)
Does it have any really heathly ones? Something with ground turkey or chicken maybe, limited amount of cheese, no canned soups etc, (sodium intake, ya know). I could make and freeze them for him while I'm there. If I order it today, with any luck it would get there the same time as me. Thanks!
  Re: Re: Meatloaf by Maryana Vollstedt by Lorraine (Does it have any rea...)
Lorraine - these are all made from scratch, don't remember seeing a can of soup in the lot. So, they can be played with and made even healthier. Seems like all my customers had different ailments, so I was always playing with them.

I think this would be right up your alley as far as cooking and freezing for 'him.'
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meatloaf by Maryana Vollstedt by Lorraine (Does it have any rea...)
Lorraine, Were you talking about the casseroles or the meatloaf. There were some with turkey mixed in and lamb.

The casseroles had quite a few seafood, and chicken, and pork. There is an herbed chicken on brown rice, and tandori chicken with lentils. Nothing made with canned soup. Not all that much lowfat, but you could adjust. They are just made with fresh ingredients. They would freeze great!
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Meatloaf by Maryana Vollstedt by esgunn (Lorraine, Were you ...)
Erin, I was talking about the meatloaf one,but, for $14.52, I am now the proud owner of both of them. Now I have to hope they get there while I'm there! Most of my casserole / meatloaf books have pre-made things in them, and that's what I'm trying to keep him ( and me) away from, so I really like the idea that they are made from scratch. I'd like to stock the freezer with healthy foods that he can simply heat when he gets home late and tired so he doesn't resort to junk food.

Geez, I'm going to make a good wife.
  Re: Re: Meatloaf by Maryana Vollstedt by Lorraine (Erin, I was talking ...)
Erin
The time is flying by.