Frozen seeds? (aka hindsight is 20/20)
  Re: (...)
A while back, I posted a message about how elated I had been that a local supermarket had gotten some Serrano Chiles. Since they are so rare here, I bought a couple of pounds of them, and froze them (no special processing - just ZipLoc bags).

No, with 20/20 hindsight, I wonder if the seeds from those frozen peppers would still grow, so that I could actually harvest my own Serranos.

Quite a number of you have experience with gardening, so I'll ask you: Are such frozen seeds still usable for planting and growing new plants? If so, is there anything special that should be done to improve their chances?

Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Frozen seeds? (aka hindsight is 20/20) by labradors (A while back, I post...)
I've never used frozen seeds before, but I would certainly give it a try. I would place them in between dampened paper towels in a warm place away from the sun for a few days. ( (The top of the fridge works for me) This will usually help them sprout. Good luck.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Frozen seeds? (aka hindsight is 20/20) by Lorraine (I've never used froz...)
Oh man, great minds and all that crap - I was going to say the same thing, Lorraine!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com