Hot Chocolate
  Re: (...)
I am searching for a recipe for hot chocolate--not cocoa; the one I need uses grated chocolate (either bittersweet or semisweet), brown sugar and ground cinnamon. I lost the recipe and I want to use it for Christmas gifts along with homemade marshmallows. Help!
  Re: Hot Chocolate by Romaynetheo (I am searching for a...)
Maybe this is close to what you're looking for - it's so good!!!! Oh piddle, just reread your post and you want a dry mix for presents - maybe you can drink the below while you are mixing up your dry mix!

* Exported from MasterCook *

ALCOHOLIC HOT CHOCOLATE - Nigella Lawson

2 cups milk
3 1/2 ounces best-quality dark chocolate -- bittersweet or semisweet, as preferred
1 cinnamon stick
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons dark rum -- or to taste

Put the milk into a saucepan and break the chocolate into pieces and add to the milk along with a cinnamon stick, honey, and sugar and heat gently until the chocolate is melted.

Add the vanilla and mix with a small hand whisk and still whisking, add a spoonful of the rum first and taste to see if you want more. Add more sugar if you want this sweeter, too. Take out the cinnamon stick and pour into 2 cappuccino or caffe latte cups.

Description:
"Recipe courtesy Nigella Lawson"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hot Chocolate by cjs (Maybe this is close ...)
Thanks for the recipe but the one I had used only dry ingredients, so it makes wonderful gifts when paired with marshmallows and a couple of pretty mugs.
  Re: Re: Hot Chocolate by Romaynetheo (Thanks for the recip...)
Well, for heaven's sake - completely forgot this one, but it does have coffee...

* Exported from MasterCook *

CAPPUCCINO MIX

1 Cup powderd instant nondairy creamer
1 cup chocolate-flavored drink mix
3/4 cup instant coffee (decaffeinated or regular)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Mix all together & store in an airtight container.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Serving Ideas : Card to read:
Mix 2 T. Cappuccino mix into 6 oz. of boiling water or hot coffee.
To garnish:
Whipped cream & shaved chocolate or
Frangelico Liqueur

NOTES : The twins love this - especially Irene.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hot Chocolate by cjs (Maybe this is close ...)
[blockquote]Quote:

Oh piddle, just reread your post and you want a dry mix for presents - maybe you can drink the below while you are mixing up your dry mix!

I love your way of thinking Jean!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Hot Chocolate by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Me too! I love that we are all of one mind (sound or not)
Note: Outside the leaves are all red and orange and it's a bit nippy. We took down the pink impatiens wind sock and put up the fall golden leaves banner. Inside the fire was going and it was cuddly/cozy. So, we took a jigger of light rum and added a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg, tiny dash of sugar and topped with warm apple juice (cider would have been better but we made do). It was just so nice, warm and comfy. So, summer's gone for sure, but fall has it's perks too.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Hot Chocolate by farnfam (Me too! I love that...)
Jeez, Cis, if you were a little closer I would share some of the 73 gallons of cider we had pressed on Friday. We went around the neighborhood dropping off cider to everyone we know. I'll have a warm cider this evening and think of you.

Looks like we are starting the wood stove tonight, weather is turning nippy here as well!
  Re: Re: Hot Chocolate by iBcookin (Jeez, Cis, if you we...)
73 gallons?! That's impressive. I would love some. Don't forget to add some rum or brandy tonite as you sit by the fire
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Hot Chocolate by farnfam (73 gallons?! That's...)
Yummmyyyy!!! I LOVE apple cider. We have an apple cider concentrate at work we use in a couple of recipes that is so wonderful when made into "cider" when you can't get the "good stuff" like I remember from the northeastern US and southeastern Canada.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Hot Chocolate by farnfam (Me too! I love that...)
That sounds lovely Cis. With your wonderful description, I felt like I was sitting right next to you holding the bottle of rum.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura