couscous
  Re: (...)
Hi-am in desperate need of a recipe-i think it is from the june '08 issue-its a honey lemon couscous recipe with roasted carrots-can anyone help?

thanks!
  Re: couscous by jessicafp (Hi-am in desperate n...)
Hi Jessica, welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with the recipe you are looking for but I did check through the June '08 issue twice, and could not find it. Do you remember the main dish that went with it? Maybe someone else will come along that remembers it. Good luck!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: couscous by jessicafp (Hi-am in desperate n...)
I think it is probably the Moroccan Couscous with spiced honey-lemon vinaigrette from April 2008.

1 bag baby carrots, halved lengthwise (8oz)
Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
4 cups yellow squash, cut into 1" cubes
1 red onion, cut into 1 1/2" cubes
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 T. olive oil
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. ground corriander
1/8 t. cayenne
Minced zest of 1 lemon
3/4 cup dry couscous
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley

Place a baking sheet inside the oven, preheat oven to 450 degrees
Toss carrots in a large bowl with oil, salt, and pepper, then transfer carrots to the hot baking sheet; roast until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Toss squash and onion in the same bowl with additional oil, salt, and pepper. Add to carrots and roast until tender, about 20 more minutes.

Combine broth, honey, lemon juice, 2 T. oil, spices and lemon zest in a small saucepan, brining to a boil. Off heat, stir in couscous and raisins, then cover and let stand until liquid is absorbed, 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Add roasted vegetables and parsley, tooss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.

This sounds good - you have made it before? Please share your review - and welcome to the forum.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: couscous by esgunn (I think it is probab...)
hmmm, I'm making couscous today for an appetizer tomorrow night and this sounds like a winner!! Great timing, Jessica! And Welcome to the forum - hope you'll come back often.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: couscous by esgunn (I think it is probab...)
Erin! You are amazing-thanks so much for the recipe. I highly, highly recommend it-I actually have made it a few times and each time is better than the next. This time I didn't add the carrots, onions or squash but it was still great.

Thanks again,
Jessica
  Re: Re: couscous by jessicafp (Erin! You are amazin...)
Sounds great, Erin. Shall have to try that if I ever get any couscous here.

Welcome to the forum, Jessica. Enjoy the great recipes, discussions, and this great group of people!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?