Sunday's Dinner??
  Re: (...)
I have ribs thawing, but don't know if they will be thawed in time and/or if I really want them today, so not sure what I'm going to do. All the talk about soup the last few days has me hankering for that.... hmmmmm

what are you all up to - maybe I'll get inspired.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday's Dinner?? by cjs (I have ribs thawing,...)
I'm stumped for tonight. I'd love to make the Carolina Skewer & Hoppin John Salad but because of heating the bbq sauce ingredients my son will go crazy over the apple cider vinegar smell. I'll have to make the sauce during a weekday morning when he's at school. Crazy kid!

Maybe the Cincinatti Chili.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner?? by Trixxee (I'm stumped for toni...)
I've got the ingredients to do the Pizza Fattie and I've got leftover dough from last night and some spinach in the fridge. I'll either do a salad and the cheesy bread (done correctly this time) or add the spinach to the bread.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got the ingredi...)
My plan is to make the coconut-marinated chicken kabobs with pineapple rice from weeknight grilling book. I am, however, hungover from too much fun at the Oktoberfest last night. We will see if I can scrape up enough energy by this afternoon.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner?? by chef_Tab (My plan is to make t...)
Today I made C@H basic meatballs (the best!) and my own homemade pasta sauce, but with a twist. Used those new fire-roasted tomatoes in place of the canned whole tomatoes that I usually use. We will be putting this over penne pasta with a side of grilled vegetables.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner?? by Mare749 (Today I made [url=ma...)
Skillet Lasagna - from the best 30 minute recipes book. I have left over ricotta from the indian stuffed chicken breasts that needs to be used up. The recipe is pretty similar to the C@H recipe for skillet lasagna from Perfect Pasta - but I have not made this one. Has anyone?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner?? by esgunn (Skillet Lasagna - fr...)
Erin, have you made your own ricotta yet?? It's so easy, fast and inexpensive. I have not bought any for quite a while now. (I think it was here, we were talking about it?? )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner?? by cjs (Erin, have you made ...)
We had leftovers for lunch and are heading for Houston late PM. Janes Pre Op in the morning and final (we hope) surgery scheduled Tues--meet with oncologist Thurs AM--Home Thurs. PM Will post as it goes. Everything looks positive!!! Hold her close Tues--we are so close to moving on with our lives it's scary!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner?? by cjs (Erin, have you made ...)
Jean, No I haven't. Guess I should try it. I'll go looking for the post.
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner?? by Old Bay (We had leftovers for...)
Bill, Prayers are with you and Jane over the next week - espcially Tuesday.
Erin
The time is flying by.