We're Home!
  Re: (...)
Back to reality - darn it. But, we sure had a great time and we were both pleasantly surprised how much we liked the travel trailer over the 5th wheel. (Thank God!)

Picked up a cookbook (surprise ) in Port Townsend that some of you may be interested in from our discussions of meatloaf - it is titled.... Meatloaf by Maryana Vollstedt. She has another book that I just love, The Big Book of Casseroles. Anyway, some of these meatloafs (loaves??) look wonderful and you can get it for $3.70 (used) on Amazon - while I paid $15.00 at the little tourist shop!!!

The weather was gorgeous while we were there and this was what I saw one morning -

[Image: sunrise.jpg]

and to top that morning off, we had this gourmet delight

[Image: hotdog.jpg]

Now, it's back to everyday retired life until a baby shower I'm doing in a couple of weeks.

(I also got the clock, marye!!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: We're Home! by cjs (Back to reality - da...)
Jean, you really are talented! We all knew you could cook, but now photography? It just doesn't seem fair to the rest of us mortals. If you have a great singing voice to top this off, I may not like you anymore......just kidding.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: We're Home! by chef_Tab (Jean, you really are...)
Tab, believe me you never EVER want to hear me try to sing!!!

How come I can take pictures and look like sh*t IN pictures??? not fair.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: We're Home! by cjs (Tab, believe me you ...)
I think you are adorable. I worked at a photography studio for 6 years and find that it is rare for people to accept their own appearance in photos. As far as the singing goes.... I guess I wont have to hold that against you, unless you were making that up! hehe
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: We're Home! by chef_Tab (I think you are ador...)
Beautiful pic Jean! Is that a "Bill's Bloody Bull" I see in that food pic? HAHAHA! I wanna retire and travel....WHA WHA WHA WHA!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: We're Home! by Gourmet_Mom (Beautiful pic Jean! ...)
it be a bloody mary - and retirement is wonderful!! I recommend it to everyone.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: We're Home! by cjs (it be a bloody mary ...)
I'm sooo happy you like your trailer!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: We're Home! by cjs (it be a bloody mary ...)
Glad you liked your travel trailer, Jean - and hip hip to retirement!!! I am going to look for that meatloaf book - my favorite comfort food -
  Re: We're Home! by cjs (Back to reality - da...)
What a beautiful picture. Too bad you are not still out and about this weekend. It is beautiful out there this morning.

I just reserved both the casseroles and the meatloaf book from the library! Thanks for the tip.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: We're Home! by esgunn (What a beautiful pic...)
Glad to hear you had such a good time. That sunrise is beautiful - I miss the water so much. Sniff.

I'll have to check out the meatloaf book too. I need another cookbook - Bob's gonna cut up my debit card!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!