What's for Dinner - Thursday??
  Re: (...)
Don't know about you all, but I have a date tonight! We're at the beach and Port Townsend has the nicest little movie theatre, so we're going to the movies and then for Waterfront Pizza after.

What are you all up to?

(and then, it's home tomorrow. )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday?? by cjs (Don't know about yo...)
Dinner and a movie! Sounds like a fantastic date! I looked up Waterfront Pizza. Sounds like they have great pizza AND offer a sourdough crust too! Interesting. Have you been there before?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday?? by luvnit (Dinner and a movie! ...)
I'm trying Carolina Skewer-'cue and Hoppin John salad from the first Weeknights book.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm trying Carolina ...)
Yes, we have been there - everytime we hit Port Townsend! It's very good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday?? by cjs (Yes, we have been th...)
In theory I am off today and have the house to myself...in reality, my Executive Sous Chef is suffering from either the worst allergies in the history of man or has one of the worst head colds I have ever seen and if he doesn't think he can make it through the shift he'll call me in and have me come down for my 11th straight day of work...on an optimistic note I have a bacon-wrapped Filet Mignon in the fridge to play with and a nice bag of couscous and mixed "grains" to prepare (thanks Denise!) and I don't know what else I'll do with it but if I am at home I am sure I can think of something!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday?? by firechef (In theory I am off t...)
I've been over at Food Gawkers trying to get inspiration and an idea for tonite's dinner. We might just wind up with Pasta Fazule in one of it's many variations tho' OR I've been thinking pizza???
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday?? by farnfam (I've been over at Fo...)
I'm going to Bob's Red Mill to get some inspiration and then over to Cash & Carry and maybe New Season's Market. We're supposed to have the elk steaks tomorrow night, but who knows. We had Pork & Noodle Stuff last night. Just a home grown casserole recipe.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday?? by bjcotton (I'm going to Bob's R...)
We're having grilled bunless burgers, steamed carrots and scalloped potatoes (from a box - I'm so ashamed!). I need something easy - tonight is my son's big homework night and it's too hectic trying to get him to focus for more than 20 seconds and cook something that needs a lot prep or baby sitting.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm trying Carolina ...)
Quote:

I'm trying Carolina Skewer-'cue and Hoppin John salad from the first Weeknights book.

I recently got this book, but have not even looked through it. Glad you mentioned this, I have pork to cook tonight so I will be trying it as well. The Hoppin John salad sounds awesome, but I don't have any black eyed peas. You will have to let us know how that tastes. I am excited to try this sauce on the pork. We will be having grilled artichokes with it as they were on sale.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Thursday?? by chef_Tab ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Due to NOT having all the ingredients I needed for the review dinner, it's on again for tonight. We wound up having leftovers last night. Jean's Slow Braised Pork Belly (Boston Butt) was the main event. William proclaimed it to be THE BEST pork he's ever had and THE BEST "gravy" EVER! That's high praise. He rarely gives anything a TEN, but this recipe has hit the mark at my house. I can't imagine what he'll say if I ever get my hands on some pork belly and/or smoke it instead of doing it in the oven...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.