Bill & Jane
  Re: (...)
What wonderful new friends came to visit yesterday!! Bill & Jane are the nicest folks we've met in a long time - felt like we'd known them forever! Jane is one of these tall, willowy good-lookin' gals that you'd never think had ever seen a sick day in her entire life! What a delight she is.

And, Old Bay is good old Texan straight out of the handbook on how to know a Texan!! Funny, great stories and just at home with us from the moment we all met up.

We ended up having dinner at the neighbor's who also have an outside pizza oven and Roy & I were able to pick both their brains to see the best points to keep in mind for ours. And the food was wonderful. I took a couple of recipes from the book, Celebrate the Rain - both winners! (Turns out B & J have the book also) This would be a good book to start your Christmas lists with.....

Made the Roast Beef & Couscous Wraps and the Crabmeat, Apple, & Mango Salad on Cumin Apple Crisps - they are both winners!! I'll post the recipes later if anyone wants them.

We made all kinds of pizza and completely overate, talked until we were almost hoarse. Jane and I gave in exhausted and the guys stayed up and solved all the problems of the world. We're having such a great time and Billy will be back to have breakfast with us - naturally champagne plays a part in it...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Bill & Jane by cjs (What wonderful new f...)
It sounds like so much fun. Wow! Pictures???? Someone post some pictures, please!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane by Harborwitch (It sounds like so mu...)
I can't wait for Bill and Jane to get home and tell all about their cruise and visit with you guys! I bet they felt right at home sitting on the patio around the pizza oven!

Billy, where's those pictures?!?!?!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Bill & Jane by cjs (What wonderful new f...)
Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane by Lorraine (Sounds like a wonder...)
Well Billy did take pictures and Bill took some also - this is the only one I took the whole weekend. Can you believe in the middle of all this my neighbor brought me a bushel of corn???
[Image: shuckingcorn.jpg]
Is anyone interested to know there were 70 ears of corn in this bushel and 8 1/2 lbs. of grilled corn kernals cut off these darn 70 ears of corn??? And those 70 cobs are in the freezer also waiting to be made into corn stock. But, not this week!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane by cjs (Well Billy did take ...)
That's one heck of a lot of corn! Good to see Billy earning his keep.
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane by Lorraine (That's one heck of a...)
Looks like a wonderful time! Billy sure looks great.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane by luvnit (Looks like a wonderf...)
It sounds like all of you are having a wonderful time. Just think of all the good corn dishes you will have this winter. Lots of corn chowder, corn pudding, oh my!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane by Mare749 (It sounds like all o...)
" I'll post the recipes later if anyone wants them "

Well, that's a given! Other than the blond hair, Jane sounds just like me......tall, willowy and blonde. :grin" Can't wait to see more pictures.
  Re: Re: Bill & Jane by cjs (Well Billy did take ...)
The "Boys" sure look good . . . and all that corn!!! Wow! There'll be lots of goodies this winter!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!