Jean, this one's for Roy
  Re: (...)
And anyone else that loves Blue Cheese.

I've become fascinated with The Pioneer Woman site and have been reading through her archives. When I found this recipe, I immediately thought of Roy, well, right after myself and William, of course. And Jean, I'm wondering what it'd be like made like your monkey bread?

Mystery Rolls from 1977 and Beyond
2 sticks butter
4 to 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
2 cans flaky biscuits

Combine butter and cheese on baking pan. Place into 350 oven for a couple of minutes, or until butter is melted. Remove from oven and stir. Cut biscuits into fourths, then toss in butter mixture. Bake on same pan (or different, if you prefer) for 8 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. Eat warm.

She mentioned in the post that she wished she had made them in the same pan. I'd probably use a foil lined pan if I did, though. In the post, she used a different pan and brushed the cooked "rolls" with the leftover butter cheese mixture.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Jean, this one's for Roy by Gourmet_Mom (And anyone else that...)
OMG that sounds so good!! Do you have the recipe for the rolls or would any rolls work?
  Re: Re: Jean, this one's for Roy by DFen911 (OMG that sounds so g...)
LOL! That's the thing, she raided her mom's recipes and they contained ingredients that weren't HOMEMADE! The biscuits are "Name Brand" flaky biscuits. You know the brand...Dough Boy....LOL! I'm SO gonna try this! I still think it would work using Jean's Monkey Bread" recipe...just roll in this "cheesy butter" and layer in the bundt pan and cook for the same time.

Jean?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Jean, this one's for Roy by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! That's the thi...)
Hey, Denise, I just realized....why not do the same with puff pastry (artfully arranged), or the canned biscuits for an appy?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Jean, this one's for Roy by Gourmet_Mom (Hey, Denise, I just ...)
Hey Mom I think any of the above would most likely work well...

Jean??? (Hi Billy!)
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Jean, this one's for Roy by firechef (Hey Mom I think any ...)
Oh my, this would really be right up Roy's alley - will have to play with. Monkey bread has garlic, parsley, chives, basil, oregano - I wonder how it would be with the garlic, parsley, chives and maybe crumbled bacon and a little lemon zest?

Or even just the butter and blue cheese would be good! Gosh, this sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Jean, this one's for Roy by Gourmet_Mom (And anyone else that...)
Oooh I am gonna have to try this! I am with Roy on this, I LOVE blue cheese! Sounds like a great roll to have alongside steak (which we are having tonight), hmmm....

May have to go to the store?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Jean, this one's for Roy by luvnit (Oooh I am gonna have...)
Oh, wouldn't that be good with a steak!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean, this one's for Roy by cjs (Oh my, this would re...)
Oh yeah, a nice smokey taste with good bacon and this would go over the top. I think the herbs and spices in the Monkey Bread would compliment the bleu cheese quite well...then again I have been into "deep" flavours of late.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Jean, this one's for Roy by firechef (Oh yeah, a nice smok...)
I'm doing a London Broil (half price when I was looking at steak yesterday) tonight, so I'm gonna give this a whirl. I'm also trying another thing she posted where you take smallish potatoes and boil, then smash slightly on a sheet pan coated with OO, brush the tops with OO, then broil 'til crispy.

I'll let you know how they turn out.
Daphne