Gathering of the Clan
  Re: (...)
That other post contains too many subjects - let's start a central thread for trying to put together C@H meeting of the minds.

As far as we (Roy & Jean) are concerned, the place is irrelevant. Timing: we'll be back there (Stanardsville) July 11th, so we can head out anywhere after or before that.

I read one post suggesting we do a small fund raiser dinner for some fund? Personally, I think that would be a little adventurous for a first time meeting of all of us. When we planned the very first Fund raiser dinner on the 'other' site, a number of us met in Tecumse (can't remember how to spell that), Michigan to see if we were even compatible. We messed around in Kelly's restaurant kitchen and put out a pretty darn good dinner. Just my thots on this tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Gathering of the Clan by cjs (That other post cont...)
I agree Jean. I think the first get together should just be about that. Getting together, meeting up, laughing, cooking (if possible). Then while we're all there we could discuss possibly doing something on a grander scale.

The only time I am "out" is the last part of August when I have to move Laura back up to SFSU.
  Re: Re: Gathering of the Clan by DFen911 (I agree Jean. I thin...)
Bob and I talked about it this morning - he's thinking it'll be fun. Gotta get a different car - but hey! Maybe we'll just horde his vacation hours.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Gathering of the Clan by Harborwitch (Bob and I talked abo...)
We're free to go most of the time also, so we would probably just plan a vacation around it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Gathering of the Clan by Mare749 (We're free to go mos...)
I'll have to pass, as I'll be kind of busy.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Gathering of the Clan by Lorraine (I'll have to pass, a...)
I'm free from mid June to mid August. I haven't run this by William yet, but we are hoping to be more free by next summer to do as we like.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Gathering of the Clan by Gourmet_Mom (I'm free from mid Ju...)
Ok so we all show up at Lorraine's house on the way and kidnap her yes?
  Re: Re: Gathering of the Clan by DFen911 (Ok so we all show up...)
Gotta kidnap Gil too...I've only met him in through the cyber-world on another culinary site in a "past lifetime" it seems and would love to meet him as well!

I am telling you late July can be hot and sticky but isn't too bad...lets narrow this down and approach the powers that be at C@H and get their input as well...???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Gathering of the Clan by firechef (Gotta kidnap Gil too...)
Will we have to kidnap Lorraine if we all just show up at the Inn? I say we just take over the place!!
  Re: Gathering of the Clan by cjs (That other post cont...)
Are you talking about what I think you are talking about?!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura