LJ Wanted Bread Pudding Recipes
  Re: (...)
Here are a couple I've posted over the past few months.

Blueberry Bread Pudding

3 cups milk
3 large eggs
5 cups day-old torn French or Italian bread or rolls -- (5 to 6)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest -- optional
2 cups fresh blueberries
3 tablespoons powdered sugar

Heat oven to 350°. Butter an 11- x 7-inch baking dish.

Whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, flavorings, and zest. Add the bread and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Toss blueberries with powdered sugar then stir into the bread mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Set the baking dish in a larger pan and set in oven. Add about 4 cups of very hot water to the outer pan. I use water from my hot water dispenser, or bring water to almost simmering before adding to the larger pan. Bake for about 1 hour, or until the bread pudding is set and lightly browned on top.

Serves 8 to 10.

-------

Apple Cheddar Bread Pudding

4 eggs
2 cups whole milk
1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon plus more to sprinkle
1/8 teaspoon salt
7 slices firm white bread (crusts removed, cut into cubes)
1 large apple (peeled, cored and cubed)
2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese (preferably Vermont)

Oven to 350. Butter an 8 inch square pan. In large bowl whisk eggs - add sugar, milk, melted butter, cinnamon and salt. Whisk again until sugar is dissolved. Add bread, apple and cheese and gently stir to combine. Put in buttered dish and bake 35 - 40 minutes until golden and set all the way through. Dust with additional cinnamon and serve warm with warmed New Hampshire Maple Syrup. Dust with confectioner sugar.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: LJ Wanted Bread Pudding Recipes by cjs (Here are a couple I'...)
I so love the apple cheddar! But goodness the Blueberry sounds so good. 3 more weeks before anything like that though.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: LJ Wanted Bread Pudding Recipes by cjs (Here are a couple I'...)
I think I know the apple cheddar one as the one we have all talked about adding sausage and such to?

The blueberry one is up my alley alright. I think blueberries could be the greatest of the simple common berries the world has to offer us...but what about a simple "traditional" bread pudding with raisins and the like? Is there such a thing as a "traditional" bread pudding?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: LJ Wanted Bread Pudding Recipes by firechef (I think I know the a...)
I do one after Christmas that I use home baked Panetonne for the bread, eggnog for the milk & cream, and still add all the eggs, and usually some rum or brandy. That's the traditional around this house. No wonder I was approaching waaaaaay more than I should weigh!
  Re: Re: LJ Wanted Bread Pudding Recipes by firechef (I think I know the a...)
Here's one for you LJ. I made this for the nurses in the Chemo room where Fredia was receiving treatment.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding with Butter Rum Sauce

Recipe By Tongueaula Deen
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts-Ices

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts
1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated) -- (14-ounce)
2 cans fruit cocktail (undrained) -- (4.5-ounce)
2 eggs -- beaten
1 box raisins -- (9-ounce)
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon -- (1 to 2)
Butter Rum Sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cube donuts into a large bowl. Pour other ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes. Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible.

Bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled. Top with Butter Rum Sauce

S(Internet Address):
"http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_27413,00.html"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : This was a little dry for a bread pudding. Next time I will add more liquid to the recipe.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: LJ Wanted Bread Pudding Recipes by bjcotton (Here's one for you L...)
Do you have ANY idea how many dozens of of Krispy Kreams I'd have to buy to make this one??? It is a two hour drive for them to begin with and I get a dozen about once a year if I am a good boy (had them while Kambree was in the hospital! YUMMY!) and I don't know if I could stop eating them long enough to put them in the recipe...

Hey Sharon, how about a recipe to go with those indulgent ingredients??? Or is that strictly a family recipe?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: LJ Wanted Bread Pudding Recipes by firechef (Do you have ANY idea...)
Yeah, but LJ they are so good while they're still hot! My little sis and I occasionally buy a dozen, and a pint of milk, then sit in the car and eat the whole dozen.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: LJ Wanted Bread Pudding Recipes by bjcotton (Yeah, but LJ they ar...)
I am going into a diabetic coma just reading this thread!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: LJ Wanted Bread Pudding Recipes by firechef (Do you have ANY idea...)
LJ I will see if I can find the recipe. Do you want the Panetonne & the bread pudding or just the pudding??????

Funny thing - never had bread pudding until I did this one - now I'm a sucker for it.
  Re: Re: LJ Wanted Bread Pudding Recipes by Harborwitch (LJ I will see if I c...)
Both if they can be found...greatly appreciated as you already know!