Blueberry Limoncellos
  Re: (...)
These just sounded so good that I think we'll have to go out to the garage and see if we can find the blender. If not we'll have to go get a blender!

Blueberry Limoncellos
Ingredients

* 1 cup O Organics™ Frozen Wild Blueberries or fresh blueberries
* 3 tbsp. simple syrup* or sugar
* 3 tbsp. lemon juice
* 1 cup chilled limoncello liqueur or lemonade (regular or sparkling)
* 3/4 to 1 cup chilled Safeway Club Soda or sparkling water

*To make simple syrup combine equal parts water and sugar stirred over heat and brought to a boil, then cooled to room temperature.
Steps

1. In a blender, whirl blueberries, simple syrup, and lemon juice with just enough limoncello to make a smooth slush. (For a firmer slush, pour into a small bowl and freeze for up to 2 hours. To store up to 2 weeks, put slush in a resealable freezer bag, seal, and freeze. To use, let stand at room temperature a few minutes to soften slightly.)
2. Divide berry slush among 4 tall glasses (8 to 12oz. size), add equal portions limoncello; fill with club soda. Garnish with fresh berries on skewers; swizzle as you sip.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Blueberry Limoncellos by Harborwitch (These just sounded s...)
...and I have everything for this - it's a race to cocktail time (at least we're in the same time zone )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Blueberry Limoncellos by Harborwitch (These just sounded s...)
those look yummy - but then anything limoncello looks good to me - did anyone make that lemon meringue pie that was in the issue that came out in April 2008 that was made with limoncello?? I bought the bottle then to make the pie but never got to it but did get to the bottle ~ ~ that pie just looked so darn good
  Re: Re: Blueberry Limoncellos by cjs (...and I have everyt...)
Oh, this just sounds way too good to pass up. And I'm trying to behave myself in preparation for the upcoming wedding. Hmmm.....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Blueberry Limoncellos by cjs (...and I have everyt...)
Well cr@p!! The Schwans truck didn't have blueberries! They have to be pre-ordered. Have to go to the store!!! But they will be on the menu!
  Re: Re: Blueberry Limoncellos by Harborwitch (Well [url=mailto:cr@...)
signed anxious...

[Image: CIMG2096.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blueberry Limoncellos by cjs ( signed anxious...[b...)
I haven't seen our 110 blender since we moved onto the boat. Hmmmm. The only blender I've got is 12 volt. It's either buy a blender or go sit in the car and make these things!
  Re: Re: Blueberry Limoncellos by Harborwitch (I haven't seen our 1...)
At last! I just did the "slush" in the food processor. Also added a bit of vodka and man o man are these good!!
  Re: Re: Blueberry Limoncellos by Harborwitch (At last! I just did...)
yes, they are!
www.achefsjourney.com