My Health
  Re: (...)
Since about three weeks ago I have been virtually pain free. Of course there are aches and pains here and there, but nothing like I have suffered for the last three years. The throwing up seems to have subsided since I went to the emergency room last Thursday and they pumped my stomach dry to see if there was some sort of blockage. I can eat again, but only in small (very small) meals. My Dr. said that sometimes the operation I had in May acts like a gastric bypass and he seems to think what was happening was that I was over filling my stomach. He told me to eat many small high calorie meals, including shakes and malts. He said I knew how to adjust my insulin for my diabetes so just to do that. I had a chocolate malt yesterday and another one today, some ice cream and juice bars. I've managed to gain 2 pounds of the 52 I lost back. Now I'm bored since I have all this time on my hands and feel well enough to do things.

When I leave the house, if I'm not back within what my BIL thinks is a reasonable time, I get a phone call asking where I am and how I'm doing. As much as I bit@h and moan about him, he really is a very nice person.

So, there you have it. I'm almost human again....did you know that wrinkles hurt? Since I lost all the weight I'm a mass of wrinkles and when you lean on the counter and once of those wrinkles receives your weight you move in a hurry
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: My Health by bjcotton (Since about three we...)
HURRAY!

That is such good news, Billy. Keep it going!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: My Health by labradors (HURRAY![br][br]That ...)
OMG! Billy, I am sooo glad you are gaining and learning your dietary pattern for eating. Keep up those mini meals and shakes. We'll all try to help you plan your meals and store things.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My Health by Gourmet_Mom (OMG! Billy, I am so...)
Great News Billy!!! Keep up the good work!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: My Health by esgunn (Great News Billy!!! ...)
'bout time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My Health by esgunn (Great News Billy!!! ...)
I recently told someone about my latest morning addiction. I call them almond butter smoothies. I keep peeled and saran wrapped bananas in the freezer at all times. I slice half a banana into a tall cup, add 2 heaping tablespoons of almond butter, a scoop of vanilla protien powder(hubby likes chocolate)and skim milk. I blend it all with my immersion blender. I have had one of these every morning for several months. I just love them. I think they are fairly healthy too! Gosh, wish we sit down together for smoothies and your smoked beans!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: My Health by chef_Tab (I recently told some...)
Good news, indeed, Billy.

Sally
  Re: My Health by bjcotton (Since about three we...)
It's great to hear that you are back on the "eating" road, Billy - and also having way less pain - that's too funny about wrinkles - ~ ~
  Re: Re: My Health by (It's great to hear t...)
The pain control issue is great! The eating issue...even better! Even with the pain under control I'd still be in pain without my food...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: My Health by firechef (The pain control iss...)

yeah! Billy

good news things are turning around!

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.