Fool proof steak - reverse searing
  Re: Re: Fool proof steak - reverse searing by pjcooks (Maryann, I know what...)
Yes, I am a very lucky girl, and have a wonderful mother-in-law to thank for the way she raised her son. When we got married, Ron knew how to cook, clean, do the laundry, and just about anything else around the house. Very wise lady!

Laura, I do agree with you regarding the flavor. But, I usually put a rub on our steaks anyway, and hold them in the frig for at least an hour before cooking. I think Ron just likes being king of the grill because I'm not very good at it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Fool proof steak - reverse searing by Mare749 (Yes, I am a very luc...)
I think that's why I haven't tried this yet. Like Ron, I like my grill. I have it down to a science. I'm in the camp of...if it works, why fix it?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Fool proof steak - reverse searing by Gourmet_Mom (I think that's why I...)
Hey, that's my camp also - especially for steaks. I'm thinking when it comes to methods (as opposed to 'recipes') we have our favorites and as Daphne says, why mess with it?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Fool proof steak - reverse searing by buzzard767 (The following from a...)
For anyone who has used this method - did you leave the salt on and then put them in the oven? How much salt did you use?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Fool proof steak - reverse searing by BarbaraS (For anyone who has u...)
I know this is too late, but yes, I did leave it on. We like our salt. How much? Can't really say, just sprinkled it on with the salt shaker. Sure didn't need any extra though. It went right through the meat.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Fool proof steak - reverse searing by buzzard767 (The following from a...)
Thanks for sharing this!
Former US Marine and self-taught Grillmaster.  https://www.grillseeker.com