1 smoked, roasted red pepper, diced
3/4 c. catsup
1 1 lb. 14 oz. can pinto beans with juice
2 TBS Ribbon cane syrup (or molasses)
1 tsp ancho chili powder
1 TBS Chipotle Tabasco
1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
salt and pepper to taste.

In the bacon drippings sweat the onion and garlic until they just begin to soften. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine well. Simmer until they are hot.

Pour the hot beans into a pyrex dish and place in the smoker at 225 degrees for 2 hours. Slurp them up and enjoy.

I think we'll have beef ribs and smoked beans for breakfast!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Smoked beans for Billy by Harborwitch (Smoke Pinto Beans[br...)
These look too good!! We have never done beans in the smoker - thanks for this one -
  Re: Re: Smoked beans for Billy by (These look too good!...)
I know a guy that "bakes" a vanilla cake in a smoker with peach wood for the fire. Takes a lot of vanilla to overcome the smoke but it is a very unique flavour when all is said and done. I'll try to get him to come off the recipe since we are family and all.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Smoked beans for Billy by firechef (I know a guy that "b...)
Could be good! I need to go talk to a friend who has peach and almond orchards. Need tree trimmings.
  Re: Re: Smoked beans for Billy by Harborwitch (Could be good! I ne...)
Thank you Sharon my love. The biggest problem I was finding was that all the recipes called for "canned" beans. As you know, I would rather make my own and was thinking that I could cook them from start to finish in the smoker. Guess that was MY problem. Thank you Darling!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Smoked beans for Billy by bjcotton (Thank you Sharon my ...)
And don't forget you can smoke any favorite baked bean recipe
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Smoked beans for Billy by bjcotton (Thank you Sharon my ...)
Here ya go Sweetie - feast your eyes on this.

Well here they are from start to finish!
[Image: 2817890087_9963f06cd5_s.jpg] [Image: 2818735174_43b9a8bfeb_s.jpg] [Image: 2817887245_dc8793f394_s.jpg]
  Re: Re: Smoked beans for Billy by Harborwitch (Here ya go Sweetie -...)
Looks yummy to me Sharon. We'll be over for the left overs in a few minutes...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Smoked beans for Billy by firechef (Looks yummy to me Sh...)
Well there'll be piggy too in a while. This house smells like heaven - smokey yummy smokey.
  Re: Re: Smoked beans for Billy by Harborwitch (Well there'll be pig...)
Quote:

Well there'll be piggy too in a while. This house smells like heaven - smokey yummy smokey.

Girl, that's the best sounding baked beans I've ever heard of!! That is copied and saved!! By the way I've never tasted a baked bean I liked!! I may reconsider. These get a try--I wish I could taste the post--
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".