This sound good?
  Re: (...)
Found this one in my notebook full of things I have tried and experimented with in the past without a recipe to start with...

MAPLE STEAKS

4 NY Strip Steaks
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup Dark Maple Syrup
4 slices, red onion finely chopped

To prepare steaks, combine salt, pepper, red onion and Maple Syrup and put into a large plastic zip bag. Add steaks and marinate for the day, turning the bag every hour or so. Take steaks from the bag and grill, cooking to the desired level. Top each steak with a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper.
Makes 4 servings

Don't recall if I liked it or not. It is dated March 21, 1998 so it was while I was in my first year at Ascutney Mountain in Vermont cooking. Makes sense thinking about it. We used to grill all of the time during our off time at the Executive Chef's condo at the mountain. Could be something we played with then. I am looking forward to trying this one again...just to see.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: This sound good? by firechef (Found this one in my...)
Sounds pretty good, LJ, especially with strip streaks. Will have to try this soon!

PJ
PJ