I'm Back! Kitchen is complete!
  Re: (...)
Okay, my kitchen in finally done. Well, there's a few finishing touches in the works, but we are back in business.

Here is a photo of the completed project for anyone interested. It's been 3 months in the works, but I think it's all been worth it.

[Image: DSC02462.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! by luvnit (Okay, my kitchen in ...)
Oh my Laura! It is beautiful! What a wonderful job!

So, what was the first thing you made?
Welcome back! We have missed you.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! by esgunn (Oh my Laura! It is ...)
Honestly, the first thing I made was a can of Campbell's soup for the kids. Funny huh? But I don't really count that as 'cooking' it's more like 'reheating' right?

So my first 'real' meal was a braised chicken with asparagus tips. It doesn't sound exciting, but it was really good. I was able to chop and sear and make a roux. The house smelled of lovely 'chicken in a pot' kind of food.

I did make a breakfast on the grill. That was fun, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, etc.

I just found all my pots and pans on Sunday. They had been packed away for some time and we just couldn't locate the box. Now I am set for fall cooking! Bring it on!
Laura
  Re: Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! by esgunn (Oh my Laura! It is ...)
Oh.my.gosh! Stunning, absolutely stunning! I'd definitely say it was worth the wait though I'm sure those three months seemed like an eternity.

Love your red Le Creuset.
  Re: Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! by Trixxee (Oh.my.gosh! Stunnin...)
Thank you, thank you. You are so sweet.
Laura
Really, really beautiful!
Shannon
  Re: Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! by Dismc (Really, really beaut...)
Oh my word Laura! It is stunning! Did you move a cot in there so you could stroke your new "stuff" whilst you dreamt of cooking? I think that is almost exactly the stove we cooked on in the restaurant in Colorado several years ago. It is breath-taking!

I am going to save that picture so I can drool.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! by luvnit (Thank you, thank you...)
Laura I am going to go sit in a corner and turn absolutely green with envy - That is beautiful; and not a sink in sight - must mean the dishes and pots and pans are cleaned by magic??? You certainly deserve this magnificent place to play!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
OMG, it's gorgeous! You did a fabulous job on it! I don't think I'll be posting any pics of mine .

You know, it doesn't matter what you cook in it, canned soup is cool, it's how you feel when you're in there!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: I'm Back! Kitchen is complete! by Lorraine (OMG, it's gorgeous! ...)
Where is the sink?