Thursday Dinner
  Re: (...)
Hi folks I am having Chicken and Dumplings for dinner tonight it is very warm here today but we like this dish any time of the year. Hope to get to know the other members.
  Re: Thursday Dinner by Cookingwench ( Hi folks I am ha...)
Hi, Cookingwench. Chicken & Dumplings is always a winner.

Welcome to the forum. It's a friendly place with lots of people into cooking and Cuisine at Home magazines & books.
Chicken and dumplings is one of my favorites to eat and to make. Sounds wonderful!

I think we are having steak tonight with a roasted tomato and asparagus salad. We'll have to see. A lot of microwave food as passed through our palates lately and we are sick to death of them. Real food is going to be a pleasure.

Welcome to the forum! It's been a while since I've been on too. I feel there are a lot of new faces here I need to get to know.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Welcome, Cookingwench! Hope you can join us often!

What part of the country are you from?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner by luvnit (Chicken and dumpling...)
I wonder if Jennifer likes chicken & dumplings???

Welcome Cookingwench! Now I'm jonesin' for chicken & dumplings! Yummmmmmm

Used to know, on another forum, a gal by the name of Galleywench - we've got a mutual friend.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner by luvnit (Chicken and dumpling...)
Quote:

Welcome to the forum! It's been a while since I've been on too. I feel there are a lot of new faces here I need to get to know.

Hi, Laura, long time and all that. I've been away more than usual, too, this being the summer of the wedding, and now I can't catch my breath before work starts next week

Hope you can press that new stove into service sooner rather than later!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Ooooh! I haven't made chicken and dumplings in a LONG time.

Are you making real dumplings (i.e. biscuit-style), or just the super-thick noodles that the Southerners call dumplings?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner by labradors (Ooooh! I haven't ma...)
Welcome Cooking Wench! That is another dish I've never made, chicken and dumplings. Why am I so afraid of things with flour, yeast, etc?
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner by Trixxee (Welcome Cooking Wenc...)
Quote:

Are you making real dumplings (i.e. biscuit-style), or just the super-thick noodles that the Southerners call dumplings?

I'm soooo tired after open house, but I've GOT to respond.

I don't know about others from the South, but MY family calls it chicken and pastry. Thin strips of pastry dropped into a pot of boling chicken stock...with or without the chicken...YUM! And it's a favorite at my house!

Welcome, CookingWench! I hope you join us often.

Tonight, I had half a bag of boiled peanuts...a gift from a student actually! They were good, though. I get tomorrow off, so it will have to be good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner by Gourmet_Mom ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Summer Squash Gratin, one left over pork Schnitzle (sp), and blackberry pie. Kind of pathetic, but strangely good. It was going to be just the gratin and pie, but I felt really guilty and thought I needed a little protein and a little less pie!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.