Thursday's Dinner???
  Re: (...)
This won't be as much fun now that so many of you have to go back to work, but...

I'm making Zucchini Parmigiana (a zucc got away from me, so it's a big one for nice slices )

and probably some smoked lamb...

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner??? by cjs (This won't be as muc...)
It is so warm and muggy here today. I am thinking about a Greek salad, but have not decided what to make with it. Might be grilled salmon. I definitely do not want the oven or stove on today! Although, fish tacos are sounding pretty good at the moment too. Darn, now I am hungry.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner??? by chef_Tab (It is so warm and mu...)
I'm baking a chicken and making broccoli and cheese stuffed potatos. That and a salad is IT.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner??? by Corinne (I'm baking a chicken...)
I'm making BLT pasta from Cooking for Two and a salad.
I have a dentist's appointment at 5:00 so I'm reserving judgement - might be the zucchini soup!

I've got a broken tooth, this is a first time appointment with a new dentist. If he even hints that I need 6 months of cleanings before he can fix the tooth I'll deck him and be home immediately.

I'd really like a nice big hunk of beef on the grill with some grilled corn on the cob and a nice big salad. Yum.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner??? by Harborwitch (I have a dentist's a...)
We are going to a wine makers dinner, hosted by Caldwell Vineyards of Napa.He will be pouring four of his wines with the dinner--we are really excited and will give a report!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner??? by Old Bay (We are going to a wi...)
yes, would love to hear the report on the wines, bill!

I made a pear & port reduction today, so will probably have a salad to use up the pears... Too much food around here and we're leaving town tomorrow morning. Will be able to post on Daphne's thread about freezing and heating.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner??? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making BLT pasta...)
Quote:

I'm making BLT pasta from Cooking for Two and a salad.

I have got to stop reading these threads after the menu is planned and the shopping is done! Now I want this BLT pasta! I just read the recipe and oh, boy does it look good. Thanks for the idea for the weekend tho! I can't wait to hear how you liked it.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
We are having smoked pork chops, black eyed peas, Mexican cornbread, and dilled rice. The BLT pasta sounds great - where is the recipe???
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner??? by chef_Tab ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We had an early meal. It was cuke and spinach salad with red onion and topped with sweetened rice vinegar and chopped peanuts, Tilapia with lemon basil and bread crmb coating and brown rice with peas. Sort of simple. It was a nice day so we're back to cutting the last bits of wood for winter
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life