What's for "Supper'????
  Re: (...)
...or dinner??? I have some brats in the freezer, so maybe the Bratwurst with apple kraut and sweet pickle relish HC liked a week or so ago....

An old friend posted a method for making Canadian Bacon on another forum that I'm also going to play with today. I finally found the curing salts I needed while we were in Tacoma and there is a pork loin waiting for me in the fridge.

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for "Supper'???? by cjs (...or dinner??? I ha...)
Depending on the availability of ingredients at my local store, it's either the Pozole or LJ's Mushroom-Garlic Chicken. If I don't get to the store, its ribs...got everything here for that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for "Supper'???? by Gourmet_Mom (Depending on the ava...)
Leftovers... selecting from Kung Pao Shrimp soup, jambalaya, citrus chicken, cucumber salad (two kinds) and cucumber spinach soup.
  Re: What's for "Supper'???? by cjs (...or dinner??? I ha...)
I never know from one hour to the next if it'll rain, so I've been waiting until I get home to plan supper. If it's nice, grilled burgers (mine will be a french onion soup one that is stuffed with fried onions and swiss cheese). If it rains, maybe tacos. If they don't want that, maybe I'll make pizza.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for "Supper'???? by Lorraine (I never know from on...)
"maybe tacos." - LORRAINE!!!, you finally have had tacos???? Good on you!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for "Supper'???? by cjs ("maybe tacos." - [i]...)
Eggplant Parm, grilled Italian sausage and a side of spaghetti. One of my favorite meals.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for "Supper'???? by Mare749 (Eggplant Parm, grill...)
I was hoping to get over to the Farmer's Market and see what kind of fresh seafood they have but last night my little guy came down with a 102.3 fever and this morning he says his throat hurts. He may not feel well enough to run any errands.

If that's the case, I have everything I need for a chicken/fennel/orange/mashed potatoes w/kalamata olives dish from Cuisine for Two.
  Re: Re: What's for "Supper'???? by Trixxee (I was hoping to get ...)
Aw, Trixxee, I hope the little guy feels better soon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for "Supper'???? by cjs ("maybe tacos." - [i]...)
""maybe tacos." - LORRAINE!!!, you finally have had tacos???? "

We went to a real Mexican restaurant in Baltimore and had one. Mine will be semi homemade.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for "Supper'???? by Gourmet_Mom (Aw, Trixxee, I hope ...)
Quote:

Aw, Trixxee, I hope the little guy feels better soon.

Thank you very much. After talking to my sister in law who is a pediatric nurse, it sounds like he could have Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease. Sounds horrible, doesn't it? I don't think there is much the doctor can do antibiotic wise since it's viral but I did just make an appt. for tomorrow morning.