REVIEW - Poultry Pockets w/Spinach, Tomato, Swiss
  Re: (...)
As was mentioned yesterday, this is from the Cuisine for Two book. Made this last night and really enjoyed it. I did make a change that was not a big deal to me but might be for some. My swiss cheese just seemed a little stale so I subbed some shredded mozzarella since that's what I had in the fridge. I also dusted the breasts in a little flour before sauteeing as I usually do with chicken. I like a little bit of a crust. It was excellent! Loved the sauteed pasta with garlic and chives. Actually, I'm making that side dish again tonight to go with chicken caccciatore (also from this book) because I have no polenta on hand.

The only thing I would suggest is to actually follow the directions regarding just a "drizzle" of the balsamic reduction. I added more like two tablespoons to my chicken and it was a little much. My husband sprinkled a little parmesan on his finished product because to him, parm goes with everything.

On the rating scale, I'd say a solid 8+. Very nice presentation too.
  Re: REVIEW - Poultry Pockets w/Spinach, Tomato, Swiss by Trixxee (As was mentioned yes...)
Sounds good, thanks for the review!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: REVIEW - Poultry Pockets w/Spinach, Tomato, Swiss by pjcooks (Sounds good, thanks ...)
I never have good luck with meats stuffed with cheese. The cheese always seems to escape... I know... I should keep practicing my technique, but then again, there are sooooo many recipes in the queue... I count my blessings as a very lucky girl with such trivial dilemmas when it comes to cooking.
  Re: Re: REVIEW - Poultry Pockets w/Spinach, Tomato, Swiss by HomeCulinarian (I never have good lu...)
Nice review Trixxee. I've got that one marked. It's been a while since I've had a stuffed meat dish, so this may be the one. I'll be interested in your success with the caccitore (sp?). I was thinking I saw a somewhat negative review, but not sure.

HC, I'm with you. I've had that problem with some things. I think I just need to use less cheese. I'm working on it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: REVIEW - Poultry Pockets w/Spinach, Tomato, Swiss by Trixxee (As was mentioned yes...)
Thanks for the reminder, Trixee. I have the book, and love that kind of dish. You're right on the overstuffing, it will cause leakage.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.