Kung Pao Shrimp Soup Review
  Re: (...)
Kung Pao must translate to "mouth on fire!" I had an evening meeting, so I prepared the broth ahead of time and Hubby finished the soup. Of course, he used the full amount - 2 T - of Sriracha sauce and the 6 peppers. He omitted the pinch of red pepper flakes. When the peppers were frying, the oils they let into the air made me cough. I was worried I wouldn't be able to eat it. I was wrong... it was really very good and I enjoyed it. I would make it again. The tasty broth base really made the dish a hit.
  Re: Kung Pao Shrimp Soup Review by HomeCulinarian (Kung Pao must transl...)
Where is the Kung Pao recipe?
Quote:

Kung Pao must translate to "mouth on fire!".

Not exactly, but it IS a Szechuan recipe, so that is to be expected. Since I don't like shrimp, I'll have to try this with chicken.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Kung Pao Shrimp Soup Review by coco hernandez (Where is the Kung Pa...)
Sorry - it's in the new Soups book.
That has got to be one hot soup, HC! I frequently put that sauce into a chicken soup to give it an asian flair, and never use more than 1 T. Don't think I could take more than that. Can't wait to get my book. Every recipe looked good to me. Just love soup!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Kung Pao Shrimp Soup Review by HomeCulinarian (Sorry - it's in the ...)
Thanx!!!!!!!!