recipe for grilled pork tenderloin
  Re: (...)
Can someone assist me with a recipe from I believe one of last years(07) magazine. It's for pork tenderloin chimicharra (sic). I'm on vacation and wanted to prepare this but can't remember what went in the sauce. I know the tenderloin to be cut and wrapped in bacon put on two screwers for the grill, grill all four sides but after that I'm lost. I know that I needed two bunches of parsley, garlic and of course olive oil and ????. The recipe also had sweet potato smash along side which had pineapple in it. Please help, tried finding on internet but not successful. Thank you in advance for any assistance I receive.
  Re: recipe for grilled pork tenderloin by volkertzen (Can someone assist m...)
Welcome to the forum!

Sure it's not beef tenderloin, instead of pork? In the Magazine Recipe Index, I see a "Southwestern Beef Tenderloin" from the February, 2007 issue, and chimichurri is sometimes considered "Southwestern," even though it's really Argentinian. Chimichurri is usually for beef, too, rather than pork, especially since it's Argentinian. Otherwise, the only pork tenderloin recipe I see listed for 2007 is "Balsamic Pork Tenderloin," from October, which definitely does not sound like the right one.

Good luck!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
This is the one that I use,for whatever it's worth!

Argentine Stuffed Flank Steak
(Cuisine at home, April 2005, Issue 50, p. 19)

Makes: 1 Stuffed Flank Total Time: 90 Minutes Rating: Intermediate

For the Chimichurri Sauce—
Combine:
1 cup flat leaf parsley, packed
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed
1/4 cup olive oil
3 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. distilled white vinegar
6 garlic cloves, peeled
1 large jalapeño, seeded
1/2 t. kosher salt
1/2 t. pepper

For the Stuffing—
Toss:
1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup Fontina or Gouda cheese, cubed (4 oz.)
Salt and pepper to taste

Prepare; Sear in 2 T. Olive Oil:
1 flank steak (1 1/2–2 lb.)
Salt and pepper to taste

Serve with:
Chimichurri Sauce and Bravas Potatoes

Related Recipes:

Bravas Potatoes

Preheat oven to 400°.

Combine all chimichurri ingredients in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.

Toss tomatoes and cheese together; season with salt and pepper.

Prepare steak as shown at right and on the next page. Season with salt and pepper, and top with tomato-cheese mixture. Roll steak and tie at 1 1/2" intervals. Season the outside surface with salt and pepper. Sear steak on all sides in oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; end with seam side down. Place the pan in the oven and roast steak for 30 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 140° for medium-rare. Remove steak from the pan and rest 10 minutes before slicing.

Serve with chimichurri and bravas potatoes.

Welcome to the forum!

PJ
PJ
Or this one, which uses oregano...

Chimichurri Meatballs
(Cuisine at home, December 2003, Issue 42, p. 37)

Makes: 4 Dozen Meatballs Total Time: About 1 Hour Rating: Easy

For the Chimichurri —
Combine:
1 bunch minced curly leaf parsley, leaves and stems
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 T. minced fresh oregano leaves (or 1 t. dried)
2 t. garlic, minced
2 t. sugar
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
Minced zest and juice of 1 lemon
Salt to taste

For the Meatballs —
Blend; Shape and Fry in 2 T. Olive Oil:
1 lb. ground chuck
1/2 lb. ground pork
1/4 cup panko crumbs or dry bread crumbs
3 T. scallions, minced
2 t. garlic, minced
2 t. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper
1 egg

Garnish with:
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled

Combine all ingredients for chimichurri in a large bowl. Let stand at room temperature up to two hours to blend flavors.

Blend all meatball ingredients in a bowl; do not overwork. Form 1" balls. Heat 1 T. oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry half the meatballs until cooked through and browned all around, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter that has some of the chimichurri spooned onto the bottom; top the meatballs with some of the sauce and tent with foil to keep warm. Fry remaining meatballs in additional tablespoon of oil, add them to the platter, and top with more chimichurri.

Garnish with crumbled feta.

Will have to see if I can find the one you are talking about.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: recipe for grilled pork tenderloin by pjcooks (Or this one, which u...)
Or is it this one....wasn't this the entree for Lab's Birthday review? It doesn't have sweet potato smash, but it does have a chipotle potato smash.
The link to the thread is listed in the recipes. Again, this is beef, though! And I forgot to welcome you to the board! Good luck!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Southwestern Tenderloin Steaks with Chipotle Mashed Potatoes

Recipe By :Cuisine at Home
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
For the potatoes -
Boil -- mash and add:
1 pound Yukon gold potatoes -- peeled, quartered
1/3 cup buttermilk -- low fat
2 tablespoons scallions
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons chipotle chile canned in adobo -- minced
Salt to taste
For the steaks -
Combine: sauté in 1 T olive oil:
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces beef tenderloin -- cut into 4 steaks
For the spinach -
Heat -- add:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup grape tomatoes
8 cups spinach leaves
Lime Crema for the potatoes
4 teaspoons Compound Butter for the steaks

Boil potatoes in salted water in a saucepan over high heat for 15 min. or until tender. (note: hmmmm, I don't cook potatoes over high heat) Drain, return potatoes to the pan, and dry briefly over medium heat.

Off heat, mash potatoes to desired consistency, then add the buttermilk, scallions, butter, chiles, and salt. Keep warm over very low heat.

Combine brown sugar, salt & spices for the steaks in a bowl; coat filets on both sides with the spice rub.

Heat 1 T. oil in a sauté pan over medium-high, add the steaks and sauté 2-3 min. per side for medium-rare, or to desired doneness. Remove from pan; keep warm.

Heat 1 T. oil over medium-high in second sauté pan. Add tomatoes and cook 1 minute, or until blistered.

Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

To assemble, divide potatoes between two plates and top with some of the crema (see recipe). Arrange the spinach and tomatoes on the potatoes, then layer the steaks on top.

Top each steak with 1 tsp. compound butter (see recipe). (Chill remaining butter and use on fish or veggies)

Source:
"From Cuisine at Home Forum"
S(Internet Address):
"http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=52866&page=0&vc=&PHPSESSID=#Post52866"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Compound Butter for the steaks

Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 stick unsalted butter -- softened
1 tablespoon fresh parsley -- minced
1 teaspoon lemon zest -- minced
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Combine all ingred. until incorporated. Roll in a log; chill until firm.

Source:
S(Internet Address):
"http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=52866&page=0&vc=&PHPSESSID=#Post52866"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 823 Calories; 92g Fat (97.9% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 248mg Cholesterol; 485mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 18 1/2 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0

Lime Crema for the potatoes

Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 Pinch salt

Whisk all ingred. together and chill.

Source:
S(Internet Address):
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: recipe for grilled pork tenderloin by Gourmet_Mom (Or is it this one......)
wow!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: recipe for grilled pork tenderloin by cjs (wow! [img]/ubbthread...)
According to my husband, mom, sister and brother-in-law, the Southwestern Tenderloin Steaks, the chipotle mashed potatoes and the spinach that is also served with it was THE best dinner I've ever made.
  Re: Re: recipe for grilled pork tenderloin by Trixxee (According to my husb...)
That was a great dinner! I haven't made it again only because there are so many new things to try all the time.
  Re: Re: recipe for grilled pork tenderloin by HomeCulinarian (That was a great din...)
Southwestern Tenderloin Steaks - that was a winner. It was one of our Review dinners a while back.

"I haven't made it again only because there are so many new things to try all the time." - my problem also!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com