What All Did I get in California?
  Re: (...)
Here is a list:

Two brass pepper mills imported from Greece (Jean has one just like ‘em)
Six 3 tiered spice racks (my cupboards only hold two per shelf)
George Foreman G5 Grill (comes with 5 interchangeable plates..I bought a sixth for omelets)
Citrus Juicer that does lemons and limes (quick and easy)
Sharon gave me a food mill, the grinding attachment for my KitchenAid, a Grapefruit knife, a bottle of Penzeys Galangal, some ground Arbol peppers, and a mix of her own
Skinny measuring spoons (got Sharon a set of long handled measuring spoons too)
Tortilla press
Four 1# packages of Panko ($1.99 each from a Japanese grocery)
4.4 # of Maseca Instant Corn flour for tortillas
16 oz bottle of Coconut oil
16 oz bottle of Almond oil (Why? Who knows?)
10 oz jar of Tandoori Paste (Why? Same reason)
16 oz bottle of Mustard oil (Same reason)
3.5 oz package of Black Salt (I wanted it to go with my other salts)
7 oz package of Garam Masala
7 oz package of Turmeric powder
8 oz package of Ground Ginger
3.5 oz package of Anardana Powder (ground pomegranate & corn starch)
8 oz package of Ajwaan seeds (who knows?)
A 1.3 # package of Roasted, Salted Sunflower seeds to munch

Won't tell you how much I spent, but the big pepper grinder was $64.99.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: What All Did I get in California? by bjcotton (Here is a list:[br][...)
OH, that sounds like it was alot of fun, Billyj. I love to shop for kitchen gadgets and spices when I'm away from home. The selection is always bigger and more exotic in different places.
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
It was so much fun watching Billy finding all the stuff I was with him for!!! Next trip down we're heading to the African Grocery store, a different Indian store, back to the Mexican Supermarket, and hopefully the Sunday Farmers' market.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What All Did I get in California? by Harborwitch (It was so much fun w...)
Billy, I would love to go shopping with you! The only thing that would be more fun than watching a friend spend money on kitchen-y things is ME doing the same thing! What fun!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What All Did I get in California? by Harborwitch (It was so much fun w...)
That does sound like fun, Sharon. Billy, that's quite a haul for one trip. Good for you! Now that you are armed with all those ingredients, new cookbooks, and new toys, what are you going to cook???
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What All Did I get in California? by Mare749 (That does sound like...)
I'm tired - I'll look at this great list tomorrow and grow green with envy....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What All Did I get in California? by cjs (I'm tired - I'll loo...)
Billy, we went to Nevis--yes--I won a trip--never heard of it--wonderful place (especially on someone else's money). Anyway, I bought a local hot sauce and brought it home. Best thing I ever had on Buffalo wings--when it was gone, it was gone--needless to say, it was not USDA inspected and approved--believe me , no bug could live in that enviornment--but it was so fruity and delicious--I miss it so --If anybody goes to Nevis I will pay you a ransom to bring me some home!! Moral--what you get in California you can probably get again, Nevis--?????. Welcome home, my friend.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Great finds, Billy! It sounds like you had a wonderful trip, you needed the vacation! So don't forget to keep us up to date as you use your treasures, you know someone will ask!

PJ
PJ
Billy, you made out like a bandit!!! Those sound like such great things - I am envious - I'll bet you can't wait to use everything -
  Re: Re: What All Did I get in California? by (Billy, you made out ...)
I got the Moroccan cookbook today, now I'm waiting for my tagine. It's a wonder how many people don't know what a tagine is, they just stare at you with this blank look. The picture on the cover of the cookbook looks wonderful, but instead of using lamb, I'll be using pork...That'll be the only change.

I asked the clerk at the Indian store to help me pick out spices and for most of them my reply was, "Got that!" But there were several I didn't have. She was a very nice lady.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy