need help w yeast bread recipe
  Re: (...)

I have a yeast bread recipe that calls for 2 eggs, what would happen if i added 3 more egg yolks for instance
If it were possible, what would happen to the dough and what adjustments would i have to make?
this is the recipe for 36 rolls this is so delicious

* 5 teaspoons yeast
* 2 eggs
* 1 pint potato water
* 1 cup sugar
* 5 eggs
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 2 cups mashed potatoes
* 3/4 cup butter
* 8-9 cups bread flour
i normaly make 1/2 the recipe at a time do you all think the whole recipe would overwhelm the KA?
  Re: need help w yeast bread recipe by lov2cook ([br]I have a yeast b...)
I'm sure someone with real knowledge will have a better answer for you. I bake bread pretty regularly so I'm going to give it a go. I don't think it would make much difference if you added 3 more egg yolks. The recipe takes 7 eggs altogether right? If you're supposed to add the 5 eggs to the mash potatoes, then for sure it won't make any diff. You might have to add 1/2 to 1 C more flour, but maybe not.
As for overwhelming the KA, what capacity is it? If you've got to make only half at a time then I'd divide the 3 egg yolks between the two batches. Hope I'm making sense.
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: need help w yeast bread recipe by lov2cook ([br]I have a yeast b...)
I agree with Cis, I wouldn't hesitate to add additional egg yolks. Yeast breads are very forgiving. I have a 5.5 qt KA and I wouldn't do that large a recipe in it.

Let us know how your experiment turns out!

PJ
PJ