My Buddy
  Re: (...)
Yesterday I had to have my beloved Buddy put to sleep. While I was in the hospital he was put out with the other dogs to play outside which is the normal procedure. Unfortunately, it was a very hot day and thunderstorms developed. By the time my brother-in-law, Brian, found him, Buddy had run himself into heat prostration. We got him cooled enough to put into the car and I was bringing him home when I noticed he wasn't getting any better even though it was cool in the car. I stopped in Salem at a Pet emergency clinic and they said he had gotten too hot to recover even with aggressive treatment. So I had them go ahead and put him to sleep. He is with Fredia now so I can imagine their mutual joy which helps.

I love you my friends and family. Thank you for your support through all my and Buddy's trials.

Billy
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: My Buddy by bjcotton (Yesterday I had to h...)
Oh Billy - my heart is breaking for you and Buddy. You just have to know that you did the right thing for him - and he will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge, probably playing with Norman & Frodo and all the other puppies those of us here have loved over the years!!!

I can't see what I'm typing through the tears. We love you dear and I'll call you this afternoon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: My Buddy by Harborwitch (Oh Billy - my heart ...)
"We love you dear" I know this with all my heart my love!

Billy
  Re: Re: My Buddy by bjcotton ("We love you dear" I...)
Oh Billy, I just don't know what to say - I want to just wrap my arms around you and have a good cry together. Roy will just have to do until we see you. I'm so sorry, so very sorry!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: My Buddy by bjcotton (Yesterday I had to h...)
How heartbreaking for you, Billy, I feel like we've all followed the Billy and Buddy saga for so long, it's like we know you personally (and I'm sorry I'm not one of the few here that do) and have been a part of all that has happened. I'm so sorry. And you're right, he's with Fredia now.

Patti-Jo
PJ
  Re: Re: My Buddy by pjcooks (How heartbreaking fo...)
OH NO! Not Buddy! This is a shocker! Not just bad news, but poor timing, to boot.

I am SO sorry to hear about this, and am praying the Lord will console you in your Job-like ordeal.

If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: My Buddy by labradors (OH NO! Not Buddy! ...)
Oh Billyj, I'm so so very sorry to hear this awful news. James and I send all our love to you, hoping it comforts you somehow. You dear soul, we are heartbroken over your loss and pain.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: My Buddy by farnfam (Oh Billyj, I'm so so...)
I am so sorry to hear this sad news, Billy, and share your sorrow and pain. Please know that all of us here on the forum are your friends and want to be here for you to help you through this any way we can. Take care.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My Buddy by Mare749 (I am so sorry to hea...)
Oh Billy, I am so so very sorry. Words just can't explain. Freida now has Buddy to be with her. They are both happy, full of love, healthy, and looking down on you.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: My Buddy by esgunn (Oh Billy, I am so s...)
Thank you all! I know you would have loved him as I did had you a chance to meet him. He was just so full of joy and love. I'm pretty much down to tear only when I have to actually talk about him [with a few extra here and there], but knowing he's with his Fredia is a comfort as are your words.

I'm going to gather up his foods, toys, and bedding and take them down to the HIV Resource center because I know some of the poor souls there can barely afford to feed themselves much less their companions. Perhaps their companions will get as much joy out of those toys as he did.

I had the veterinary service toss his ashes, collar, etc., because his souls was gone and the other things were nothing but reminders that I don't need. All the reminders I need are in my heart.

Billy