Frozen Pasta?
  Re: (...)
I made a full batch of pasta for Jean's raviolis (still don't know how to spell that right) and stuck the leftover in the freezer, since I had no plans at the time to make pasta. Now I find I need it, and it's frozen. I've seen where you can put it in the fridge overnight, but why can't I set it out on the counter to thaw...the eggs? I know it won't thaw in time in the fridge...so do I make a new batch or what?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Frozen Pasta? by Gourmet_Mom (I made a full batch ...)
hmmm, good question - man, I don't know what I'd do. Maybe if the ball isn't too large you could zap it on defrost just long enough to get a knife thru it to cut in small chunks then let it thaw on the counter for a little while.

Good luck. Let us know what you do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Frozen Pasta? by cjs (hmmm, good question ...)
I would think that if your micro does a good defrost that should work. If not - what Jean said.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Frozen Pasta? by cjs (hmmm, good question ...)
I left it on the counter for a bit...until about half thawed, but still cold around the outside. Then I stuck it into the fridge. It's still early enough, it should thaw in plenty of time for dinner in a two or three hours.

I decided that when I make it fresh, I leave it out to rest before rolling for 20 minutes to up to an hour, so why not at least partially thaw on the counter...as long as it stayed cold.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Frozen Pasta? by Gourmet_Mom (I left it on the cou...)
I missed this one. I thaw mine on the counter if I'm using it within a short while. I tried zapping it a bit on defrost one time and it didn't do well. I'd cut it up and leave it on the counter to dry , and use soon.

PS I haven't gotten that far in the ServeSafe book.

ooops, just saw that you already figured it out.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Frozen Pasta? by Lorraine (I missed this one. ...)
Thanks you guys! If I don't poison us, I'm good to go...just kidding. I'm feeling pretty confident in my method. At least I know that some of you thaw on the counter as well, so I feel much better! I was just worried I always saw freeze and thaw overnight in the fridge. I wondered if there was a reason you couldn't do it on the counter. As for the micro method, I'd be scared to try it...afraid I'd partially cook it, and wouldn't that be a mess!
Daphne