What's for dinner - Tuesday?
  Re: (...)
One more leftover pkg. in the freezer and then I can start cooking for real again. But, I think I'll get some bread going, running low on that in the freezer.

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for dinner - Tuesday? by cjs (One more leftover pk...)
Package of what Jean...LOL!?!?!?

I'll be watching, I have NO idea! I'll let you guys be my inspiration...although catfish is sounding good right now for some reason.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner - Tuesday? by Gourmet_Mom (Package of what Jean...)
Stuffed peppers tonight. I had a bunch of red and green peppers that needed to be used or frozen. Since I sometimes work 2:30 to 8, I like to cook ahead. That way, all Ron has to do is put it in the oven.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner - Tuesday? by Mare749 (Stuffed peppers toni...)
oh geez, now I'm embarrassed - all it says on the pkg. is "Pork chops w/bourbon sauce & Butternut Squash Penne al burro"

I guess I mixed up some dishes and stuck it in the freezer - I don't even remember this. but it sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner - Tuesday? by cjs (oh geez, now I'm emb...)
Last night was hysterical - Bob and I were sitting on the couch watching the news. I commented that chile mac & cheese sounded good to me. Bob said "funny, I was just thinking that it had been a long time since we'd had that!" So off to the kitchen we go.

Of course it turned into chile with beans - he saw a something on FoodTV about spaghetti and meatballs - so he wanted to save his pasta for tonight. Tonight is spaghetti & meatballs, big salad, and garlic bread. Cast in stone!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner - Tuesday? by Harborwitch (Last night was hyste...)
That's too funny! I got to thinking about that leftover pasta and the fact that the boys have been bugging me about spaghetti! I'm thinking bolognese instead of meatballs...less labor intensive. I need to do some cleaning today!

I guess catfish is on hold for another day. Now to post a question about thawing the pasta. I'll start another thread so as not to hijack this one.

Oh, and Jean, that's probably leftovers from LJ's Review dinner. I feel vindicated...I remembered...LOL!!!!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner - Tuesday? by Gourmet_Mom (That's too funny! I...)
Cheating here - meatballs are in the freezer. I'm going to make a killer tomato sauce though for it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner - Tuesday? by Harborwitch (Cheating here - meat...)
Woops! Put this on the wrong thread...LOL!

I'm determined to freeze some stuff this summer...other than veggies. After each paycheck, I'll be scouring the sales adds and freezing. Off to make marinara and meatballs for tonight. Hopefully someone will come along to answer my frozen pasta question soon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner - Tuesday? by Harborwitch (Cheating here - meat...)
Quote:

I'm going to make a killer tomato sauce though for it.

[Image: aotktvm6.jpg]
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for dinner - Tuesday? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
LJ's B'day dinner, eh? thanks, so it hasn't been too awfully long in the freezer...
www.achefsjourney.com