looking for a mayo recipe
  Re: (...)
A friend at another cooking website posted looong time ago a recipe for balsamic vinegar mayonnaise, the thing was soooo ugly but wow! was it ever good. I tried finding it to no avail and i was hoping that maybe some of the friends from the old group would be able to find it the site looks so different.
And BTW greetings to all
Maria
  Re: looking for a mayo recipe by lov2cook (A friend at another ...)
When I worked at Wolfgang Puck's Café, we just stirred balsamic vinegar into regular mayonnaise until it had a nice, medium-dark-tan colour. It was great, and people loved it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: looking for a mayo recipe by labradors (When I worked at Wol...)
You might want to try making your own blender mayo, y'know an egg, seasonings, and use balsamic in place of the reg vinegear, blend on low while drizzling in oil til it's Mayo.
I love balsamic vinegear, but I'm not sure what you'd use this mayo on. Not for sandwiches or egg salad right????
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: looking for a mayo recipe by farnfam (You might want to tr...)
Maria, that sure sounds familiar to me - in fact I do remember it and the color was a little off-putting! But, I remember I liked it. Seems like between all of us, one of us would have kept it....

Can't remember what we did tho...that new regime over there really screwed up the searching!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: looking for a mayo recipe by cjs (Maria, that sure sou...)
You are not kidding Jean it doesnt feel like home at all in fact the person who gave the recipe also gave the recipe for beet ice cream i believe i like him a lot nice person im ashamed i dont even remember his name i remember he is hispanic
and BTW good 2 c ya girlfriend!
Quote:

Not for sandwiches or egg salad right????

Actually, in the restaurant, sandwiches was where we DID use it, and some of our regular customers would always make sure we were generous with it for them. :-)
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: looking for a mayo recipe by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
it does sound like it would be wonderful on a sandwich - I just can't remember what I did with it - will have to do a search...

Good to see you also, Maria!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: looking for a mayo recipe by cjs (it does sound like i...)
i tried but when i went to the site it was like being in a wild west town in the moon
It is seriously delicious mayo and yes it is great in sandwiches and i bet any salad too it is just a great recipe
" use balsamic in place of the reg vinegear, "

That's what I was thinking. If I get a chance, I'll try using the Minus 8 vinegar I have.

I tried to fins it also, Maria, but could only find your posts mentioning it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: looking for a mayo recipe by Lorraine (" use balsamic in pl...)
I guess I'll have to give it a try then. It does sound good. Since I wasn't spoiled by the original recipe I think I'll just sub the balsamic in my reg recipe. Biege mayo,hmmmmm
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life