Fathers Day
  Re: (...)
Anyone have any special plans for the fathers in their lives - either fathers or father of your children?

We don't - well not completely true - DH left yesterday on a 10 day trip - So that is that. We had bought tickets to the Mariners game on Sunday, months ago. Oh well, the kids will have fun.

I heard a good joke/truism: Do you know why they have brunches? It is a reason to drink in the morning!!! Can you say Bloody Mary or Mimosa anyone. I might need one of those to get through the Mariners game!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Fathers Day by esgunn (Anyone have any spec...)
Well, since my father is 900 miles away, in a different country (I live in Honduras, but my parents are still in the States), I'll be making him...

... a phone call.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by labradors (Well, since my fathe...)
Erin, dear, why do you think we 'brunch' darn near every weekend????

Roy Rogers picked out his menu for tomorrow -

Brunch (ahem) will be grilled Truffled Taleggio & Mushroom pizza and champagne

Beer Brats (he didn't get his fill when we catered these, I made him keep his nose to the grindstone!)
German potato salad
grilled corn

something lemon for dessert, probably an old standby lemon tart I've made forever.

He also has a table full of presents that have been driving him crazy!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by cjs (Erin, dear, why do y...)
Well, DD has to work and OS is in Florida, so it's just the three of us here. William just LOVED the shrimp rolls the other day, so I'm making popcorn bread today so I'll be able to make the buns for tomorrow. I haven't gotten much further than that, but I'm thinking of making a pound cake like his grandmother used to make....nice surprise.

For a gift, he's getting chicken wire to finish the coupe so we can get our chickens....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by Gourmet_Mom (Well, DD has to work...)
Quote:

For a gift, he's getting chicken wire to finish the coupe so we can get our chickens....LOL!

Must be nice to be able to afford to get cars for each of your chickens. Chevy? Ford? Honda? Do the chickens have their licenses yet?
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Doing a breakfast at my house. Huevos Rancheros MmMmmmmM
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by DFen911 (Doing a breakfast at...)
You know Labs, I looked at that and thought...hmmmm? But didn't change it...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by Gourmet_Mom (You know Labs, I loo...)
A boat picnic is planned for tomorrow, the shrimp roll recipe on homemade pita breads. Wine for sure, but I get to drink more than the Captian cuz he's driving lol. The instrument panel and *****'s wheel were his early Father's Day gift and they're already on the boat.
The kids bought him the complete Black Adder collection, he can hardly wait to get it!!!
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Fathers Day by Gourmet_Mom (You know Labs, I loo...)
Quote:

Doing a breakfast at my house. Huevos Rancheros MmMmmmmM

Always love that.

Quote:

You know Labs, I looked at that and thought...hmmmm? But didn't change it...LOL!

Heheheh. Don't worry: I've done similar ones before. Sometimes, they come out more interesting than others, though. In this case, I just had gotten this instant, mental picture of a gang of roosters cruising through town with the windows down and wearing racing scarves. LOL!
  Re: Fathers Day by esgunn (Anyone have any spec...)
That's too bad, Erin. I'm in a similar situation, I can never make plans for the future because of work conflicts. I hope you and the kids have a great time!

No plans here. I'll try to catch my Dad before he goes off paddling (kyakking) but he's an earlier bird than me on Sunday morning

If Picky can tear himself away from the computer long enough, I'll take him to the beach for fried clams and fried dough (his favs), a long cool drink and some people watching

PJ
PJ