Cool cooking blog
  Re: (...)
My husband found this blog and has been talking about forever but I didn't look at it until last night. She has some really cool, simple recipes on there! http://thepioneerwoman.com/
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Cool cooking blog by mlucas1 (My husband found thi...)
hmmm, interesting. My only problem with the recipes is the pictures of every wrist motion she makes...(that was't nice, was it. ) - but her dishes do sound tasty!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cool cooking blog by mlucas1 (My husband found thi...)
Meg, that looks like a fun site to explore. Thanks for sharing!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Cool cooking blog by cjs (hmmm, interesting. M...)
Maybe she was a hand model in a previous life Maybe she is targeting an audience that cannot comprehend written instructions? Those potatoes looked interesting though - might just have to see if I still have a potato masher out in the garage but I'll bet a fork will work.

I did notice she also teaches photography on her site - hmmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Cool cooking blog by Harborwitch (Maybe she was a hand...)
Yea, the photography makes sense! But there's some nice stuff on there. Thanks for sharing Meg.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cool cooking blog by Gourmet_Mom (Yea, the photography...)
It's an interesting website. I will admit I got into reading the story about meeting her man.
  Re: Re: Cool cooking blog by HomeCulinarian (It's an interesting ...)
I just went to copy the "Best Sheet Cake Ever" and didn't set my "print" parameters right...if you don't just highlite the recipe at the bottom, mark the "selected" and "apply" boxes it will print the entire thing, which equals 56 pages. I caught my mistake after about 6 pages were printed.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Cool cooking blog by bjcotton (I just went to copy ...)
yes, that does happen, Billy - bless your heart!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cool cooking blog by bjcotton (I just went to copy ...)
Quote:

I just went to copy the "Best Sheet Cake Ever"

Billy, that's the exact recipe (minus the pecans in the frosting) I've been making for over 30 years. We called it Texas Brownies, though it's more like a cake than a brownie.

Very good, always requested at any family function. The frosting is applied warm over the hot cake, which makes it a little crunchy. And the frosting /cake ratio is good too.

Try it!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Cool cooking blog by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That sounds just like a recipe I made for my MIL for a birthday a couple years ago. It was her recipe. It was really good and feeds a lot of people.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.