White Bean Mash 'patties'
  Re: (...)
Had about a cup of these beans left, so last night I made two patties, floured them, dipped in egg and panko and fried them up. Oh my, were they tasty with the crispy coating. I'll be making this dish just for the leftovers! Had them with bbq'd meatloaf sandwiches from the Sizzle book - really good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: White Bean Mash 'patties' by cjs (Had about a cup of t...)
Sound good. I guess I'll have to try some white beans now. I wonder if you could do the same thing with black-eyed peas?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: White Bean Mash 'patties' by cjs (Had about a cup of t...)
Great Northerns, navy beans, or cannelini beans???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: White Bean Mash 'patties' by Harborwitch (Great Northerns, nav...)
I would think any kind - I just used S&W white beans.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: White Bean Mash 'patties' by Harborwitch (Great Northerns, nav...)
See the Quick AND Good thread.
Daphne
  Re: Re: White Bean Mash 'patties' by Gourmet_Mom (See the [url=http:/...)
Thank you! Good morning, how're you holding up in the heat? Geeze I hate the heat!
  Re: Re: White Bean Mash 'patties' by Harborwitch (Thank you! Good mor...)
It is soooo hot, we can't bear going outside...supposed to hit 101 here today! And it's only early June! Doesn't bode well for hurricane season. The ocean water is warming fast and early!

I hope Maryann and family aren't roasting too bad. I'm waiting until later in the week to go down to visit...should drop to the upper 80's later this week...I hope! At least it's a little cooler at the beach with the ocean breezes. There's not a ripple on the lake!
Daphne
  Re: Re: White Bean Mash 'patties' by Gourmet_Mom (It is soooo hot, we ...)
We were at the Yacht Club yesterday - windy and choppy - too much so for a boat ride. But it's supposed to start heating up this week. So far we've been really really lucky - only a couple of days over 100, and only a week with the AC on!

Bob's going to have to work on the cabinet for my "outdoor oven" (a wall oven in a box with a propane tank below) so I can bake outside.
  Re: Re: White Bean Mash 'patties' by Harborwitch (We were at the Yacht...)
I know what you mean. I'm gonna try baking bread on the grill soon.
Daphne
  Re: Re: White Bean Mash 'patties' by Gourmet_Mom (I know what you mean...)
me too, Daphne.
www.achefsjourney.com