Friday's Dinner?
  Re: (...)
I don't think we'll ever have that darn Chinese Chix salad...yesterday, some friends came to town and we went to the local Mexican restaurant and spent the afternoon eating and drinking margaritas. No way could we look at food that night!

If we don't have this dish tonight, I'm throwing the chicken away and getting on with life.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Friday's Dinner? by cjs (I don't think we'll ...)
Yesterday my allergies kicked my butt - tried to go do my workout at Curves and had to quit halfway through - cr@p!!! By 10 pm I was feeling better - lots of water and a giant salty pretzel, and some benedryl. Bob grilled some burgers and some popcorn buns - that was dinner.

Tonight it's something on the grill, fried green tomatoes, the cheese quesadillas with the Compote. I'm feeling a lot better - took a sudafed to stave off the allergies. Tomorrow is going to be the review dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by Harborwitch (Yesterday my allergi...)
How's the compote?? really good??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We are making an arugula/watercress salad with red grapefruit slices, avocado, and lobster tail --a grapefruit/lemon vinegarette will accompany--It's so hot here!! I think a dry Reisling will be nice.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by Old Bay (We are making an aru...)
Defrosting a leg of lamb roast. Blank on ideas for sides, toying with the prospect of throwing it on the BBQ. ?????
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by cjs (How's the compote?? ...)
I am making it today - had to get the onion. I'll be sure to let you know.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I like seeing what ya'll are having. I am still in the middle of construction. Hasn't been real nice for grilling, so microwave is all there is. Not much prep area or pantry items.

I will have to live vicariously through you folks for now. At least somebody's gettin some good eats!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
If the rain arrives, leftovers from the week. If it doesn't rain until later, it will be steaks on the grill.
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (If the rain arrives,...)
Laura, between it being (usually ) grilling weather and my new stove, the food is wonderful - hang on, you'll be done soon!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Friday's Dinner? by cjs (Laura, between it be...)
Tonight is the tenderloin skewers from the current issue if I'm up to it, if not tenderloin wrapped with bacon on the grill. I'll do my baked potatoes on the grill as well and a side salad.

It's been a heck of a week! One and a half days of "babysitting" left! They know grades went in on Monday last and they got their test scores the Friday before...so they haven't been inclined to do ANYTHING this week!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.