Maryann........
  Re: (...)
I found the cookbook, where else, in the cookbook shelves. That recipe isn't in there. Where I saw it I don't know. I'll just have to browse through my magazines until I find it again.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Maryann........ by bjcotton (I found the cookbook...)
hmmmmm, we're being left out of something here...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Maryann........ by cjs (hmmmmm, we're being ...)
I described a cheese cake to Maryann on the phone that had a Heathbar center layer. Now I can't find the recipe.

Billy
  Re: Re: Maryann........ by bjcotton (I described a cheese...)
Heathbars....OMG! Hurry Billy, Hurry!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Maryann........ by Gourmet_Mom (Heathbars....OMG! H...)
I went oneline and found a couple. They are slightly different in that they chunk up the Heath Bars and put it on top of the crust instead of pouring half of the batter in and then the layer of Heath Bars.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Heath Bar Cheesecake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 c. chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
3 tbsp. melted butter
8 Heath toffee candy bars -- (1 3/16)
3 tbsp. instant coffee crystals
3 pkgs. cream cheese -- (8 oz.)
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 cups milk

Early in day, combine cookie crumbs and butter and press into 9 inch springform pan. Chop 4 candy bars in food processor and sprinkle over crust. Heat 1/2 cup cream until just warm enough to dissolve coffee crystals. Set aside.

In large bowl of electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Beat in 1/2 cup cream, eggs and vanilla. Add coffee cream mixture and continue beating until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine chocolate chips and remaining 1/3 cup cream in saucepan over low heat. Stir until dissolved. Spread over cooked, cooled cheesecake. Garnish with remaining crumbled candy bars.

Billy
  Re: Re: Maryann........ by bjcotton (I went oneline and f...)
OKAY, so I'm drooling again!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Maryann........ by Gourmet_Mom (OKAY, so I'm droolin...)
Thanks Billy, it all sounds good to me! It doesn't matter to me if the Heath bars are on top or in the middle, it just sounds yummy! Copied and will be tried very soon!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Maryann........ by Gourmet_Mom (OKAY, so I'm droolin...)
Do you have a sweet tooth by any chance Daphne?

Billy
  Re: Re: Maryann........ by bjcotton (Do you have a sweet ...)
I would love this, but Heath bars are not available here. I'd have to make my own toffee first. :-(
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Maryann........ by labradors (I would love this, b...)
Don't care for Heath bars and they wreck havoc on the dentures...other than that I would try this one on poor unsuspecting Heath bar and cheesecake fans so it is copied and ready to roll...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)