Microwave Corn?
  Re: (...)
Any ideas on how to best microwave corn when you're in a hurry (and can't use those great grilling ideas in the other post)? I've tried it multiple times but can't seem to get the timing nor the water right. Thx!
  Re: Microwave Corn? by carolekv (Any ideas on how to ...)
I don't use the microwave for corn on the cob. I put husked corn in large pot of water with sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then cover and take off heat. The corn will hold nicely for quite a while.
  Re: Re: Microwave Corn? by HomeCulinarian (I don't use the micr...)
I've never done corn in the microwave. I'm thinking if you have time to get some water boiling, H.C.'s idea would be the best idea. When it's raining in the trailer, I do cook mine in water, but I just leave them in for about 5 minutes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Microwave Corn? by cjs (I've never done corn...)
A friend from our past (who shall remain in the past) brought us some wonderful fresh corn. Said to just toss it in the freezer husks and all - then into the microwave for about 2 min per ear (or one min per ear if fresh). Although it was a little messy it was the "corniest" tasting corn I've ever had.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!