Sunday Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to tonight? We're having carnitas tacos and that delicious corn-lime salsa from June's issue. I bought some pre-made guacamole (gasp!) from Trader Joe's because I've been having really bad luck with avocados lately and don't want to wind up throwing away $4 worth of them.
  Re: Sunday Dinner? by Trixxee (What's everyone up t...)
After the Indy 500 - beer, brats, and red cabbage sauerkraut.
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by buzzard767 (After the Indy 500 -...)
Molasses-Bourbon Short Ribs, Grilled Asparagus and grilled Crimini Mushrooms.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by esgunn (Molasses-Bourbon Sho...)
Glazed Pork Loin Roast with Peach Barbecue Sauce with grilled "baking" potato and grilled asparagus. I wanted to try Jean's Plank Cooked Brie with Peach Chutney, but danged if I can find anybody here that carry planks.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Sunday Dinner? by Trixxee (What's everyone up t...)
We are having the pimento bacon cheeseburgers and baked beans from the same issue. I'm going to grill up some 'dogs for the kids too. Gorgeous day here, I hope you're all as lucky!!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by mlucas1 (We are having the pi...)
We're doing Jean's dinner today. I'm going to stick with the Asian theme and do a savory parfait with shrimp and raw tuna. Maybe some Spring Rolls - not sure.

It was a toss up - Bob really wanted Polish sausage, the red cabbage kraut, and apple mustard. I'm waiting for a batch of Popcorn bread to rise - going to make buns for tomorrow (added some "Gourmet Garlic" that Billy sent me - found a secret stash!!)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by Harborwitch (We're doing Jean's d...)
Wings, using Sriracha as the hot sauce, and whatever I decide to throw into mayonnaise as the dipping sauce.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by labradors (Wings, using Srirach...)
Let the kitchen staff at The Cheesecake Factory in West Des Moines do the cooking tonight. The in-laws are coming down for Monday night to put Kambree's new crib together with Holly and I am doing a garlic and Parmesan crusted pork loin on the grill with apple wood chips. Not too sure on the sides yet but have all day to figure that out.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner? by firechef (Let the kitchen staf...)
For once I thought ahead and had a pasta salad and leftover red cabbage sauekraut all ready in the frig for when we got home. And just before we left put some lamb chops in the frig to thaw. How easy was that - just sit down with a glass of wine and grill the chops.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com