Italian Steak Sandwiches with Pepper Mayo
  Re: (...)
Does anyone remember a review on this or ever try it? I tried a search, without any hits. It's from the Cuisine Tonight book which seems to have some repeats from regular issues, so it may be in another issue as well. It's basically sirloin grilled and sliced, tossed with parsley, thyme, and rosemary. The interesting part is the mayo- roasted red peppers, creamy gorgonzola, shallots, and parsley. It's served on a ciabatta roll with baby spinach or watercress. Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Italian Steak Sandwiches with Pepper Mayo by Gourmet_Mom (Does anyone remember...)
Sounds good...how about a recipe? Got those tomatoes planted yet?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwiches with Pepper Mayo by firechef (Sounds good...how ab...)
Okay smart A, NO! Still planning menus...LOL! But since I'm such a nice "mother", I'll share anyway.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Italian Steak Sandwich with Pepper Mayo

Recipe By :Cuisine at Home
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup roasted red peppers -- chopped
1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese -- creamy
1/4 cup shallots -- chopped
salt and pepper -- to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh parsley -- minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme -- minced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary -- minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak
4 rolls -- ciabatta or the like; split & brushed w/oil
2 cups spinach leaves -- or watercress

Preheat grill to medium-high.

Puree mayo, bell pepper, gorgonzola, and shallots in a food processor until smooth. Add 1/2 cup parsley, pulse until chopped, and season; cover and chill.

Combine oil, parsley, thyme, rosemary, and pepper flakes for the steak in a bowl; set aside.

Grill steak on both sides to desired doneness (about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare). Remove steak from grill and let rest 5 minutes.

Thinly slice steak against the grain, then toss strips in the oil-herb mixture; season with salt and pepper.

Toast rolls on the grill, cut side down. To assemble sandwiches, divided spinach among bottom halves of rolls; top with sliced steak. Spoon mayo over steak, top with remaining rolls, and cut in half.

Source:
"Cuisine Tonight page 15"
Daphne
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwiches with Pepper Mayo by Gourmet_Mom (Okay smart A, NO! S...)
If you ask nicely this time, I might even share the Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine recipe I'm typing up right now.
Daphne
  Re: Italian Steak Sandwiches with Pepper Mayo by Gourmet_Mom (Does anyone remember...)
They were originally in the June 2006 issue. I know others have made them and it got good reviews. I bumped one review from HC.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwiches with Pepper Mayo by esgunn (They were originally...)
Doesn't that sauce sound yummy? It's on the next menu for sure! Thanks again Erin...you're the best!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwiches with Pepper Mayo by Gourmet_Mom (If you ask nicely th...)
Pretty pretty please...Cajun Fettuccine with Shrimp??? Oh boy oh boy...wonder how it compares to mine...ummm I wonder???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwiches with Pepper Mayo by esgunn (They were originally...)
This sandwich is a real treat...
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwiches with Pepper Mayo by HomeCulinarian (This sandwich is a r...)
Thanks HC! I knew that sauce sounded really good!

OK LJ, since you asked soooo nicely..... (I'm interested in how the egg stirred in at the end works with this one....I'll report next week, hopefully.)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine

Recipe By :Cuisine at Home
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 pound fettucine
1/4 pound kielbasa -- sliced 1/2" thick
1/2 pound shrimp -- peeled and deveined
2 teaspoons garlic -- minced
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 egg yolks -- beaten
1/4 cup parmesan cheese -- grated
1/4 cup scallions -- chopped

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.

Cook fettuccine. Drain and set aside.

Saute kielbasa in oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat until browned, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and garlic; cook until shrimp is opaque, 1-2 minutes. Remove shrimp and kielbasa from pan.

Deglaze pan with sherry, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Add cream, butter, broth, and cayenne. Stir in cooked pasta, sausage, and shrimp; heat briefly.

Off heat, stir in yolks and parmesan, and toss. Garnish with scallions.

Source:
"Cuisine Tonight page 79"
Daphne
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwiches with Pepper Mayo by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks HC! I knew t...)
I'd temper those egg yolks before mixing in the whole thing! Yikes, you could easily have Creole scrambled eggs! This looks pretty good. In two weeks I have one more weekend off and will have to try this one too.