Kansas City Roast Beef
  Re: (...)

I work in a grocery store and most people know I love to cook so have this

customer who has been telling be about this Roast Beef - and has said how

well it turns out - Has anyone a heard of a Recipe? I haven't been able

to locate anything. If you have this recipe please print it up for me.

Thank you

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Kansas City Roast Beef by mjkcooking ([br]I work in a groc...)
Marye, seems like I've heard of this. You couldn't find ANYTHING on the net? I love a challenge. I think I'll take a look for it myself. I'll let you know if I find something.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Kansas City Roast Beef by mjkcooking ([br]I work in a groc...)
I don't know what roast beef recipe you're talking about, but KC probably trys to duplicate Texas brisket--
Make a rub of 1pt salt, 1pt pepper, 1pt sweet paprika, 1 pt granulated garlic--take a whole brisket (10-12lbs)--rub with olive oil and then rub with the mix above. Put in a smoker fat side up at 225 and smoke for 3 hrs or until the coals burn down--wrap in foil and put in a 225 oven for 6-8 hrs. take out and let it rest 30 min--slice across the grain. You will have a red smoke ring and the most tender, flavorfull roast beef you ever put in your mouth. The fat half is best for sandwiches, shreaded, with onions, sauce and pickles. The other side needs no sauce, only your attention. I like it with cole slaw and potato salad.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Kansas City Roast Beef by Old Bay (I don't know what ro...)
Bill, I wondered if that wasn't what this was.

BTW, I still haven't found a fresh brisket. If I ever do, it will be on. I have sooo enjoyed the BBQ corned beef already. I can't imagine what the fresh would be like. WOW! Maybe this summer in "the city".
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Kansas City Roast Beef by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, I wondered if ...)
I found the following at joycesfinecooking.com. Might be close.

Kansas City Beef Brisket

1 (5 lb.) beef brisket
1 tablespoon tenderizer (optional)
2 to 4 tablespoons liquid smoke
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup brown sugar
Worcestershire sauce, to taste

The night before cooking, sprinkle brisket with tenderizer, Liquid Smoke, salt, pepper, celery salt, onion salt and garlic salt. Wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight. The next day add nutmeg, paprika, brown sugar and Worcestershire. Wrap well with aluminum foil - this is important. Cook 5 hours at 275F. Slice thin on the diagonal. Serve with homemade barbecue sauce and buns.
  Re: Re: Kansas City Roast Beef by aardvarknav (I found the followin...)
oh my, sounds good!! (both)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com