Cedar Chicken Thighs
  Re: (...)
Still playing with those little sheets. Brined some chicken thighs yesterday and then cooked them in the cedar sheets. Great flavor imparted!

[Image: cedarchix-1.jpg]

So, what next.... Lorraine, these are fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cedar Chicken Thighs by cjs (Still playing with t...)
My list of stuff to get is getting a little long you two! Now cedar sheets is added to my list. I haven't even gotten planks yet! GEEEEEZZZZ!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cedar Chicken Thighs by Gourmet_Mom (My list of stuff to ...)
ain't it fun?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cedar Chicken Thighs by cjs (ain't it fun? [img]/...)
How about other types of wood???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Cedar Chicken Thighs by firechef (How about other type...)
The ones he has access to only come in cedar. I did find maple planks last week that were great for salmon.And, I was way of base on the cost of the wraps, I thought he paid $20.00 for a box of 100. You can multily that $20 by 5 at least.

Jean, he wants to do pork in them. I was thinking maybe a piece of tenderloin marinated in oyster / fish sauce, lemongrass, garlic, ginger etc. I need to buy more white chives.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Cedar Chicken Thighs by Lorraine (The ones he has acce...)
Well, that's still just a buck a sheet. Not bad really. That tenderloin sounds really good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cedar Chicken Thighs by Gourmet_Mom (Well, that's still j...)
I think the pork idea is great. The maple must be Sugar Maple as any other Maples may be Maples but are not the right Maples...I would think Maple would do good with pork as well as with chicken and the mentioned salmon.

Cedar wrapped shrimp??? Or scallops??? With all of the seasonings and such of course...any ideas floating around or is my brain starting down a path that sounds nasty to everyone?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Cedar Chicken Thighs by firechef (I think the pork ide...)
" Or scallops??? "

Geez, if they were the big diver scallops, oh my! I'm thinking for the shrimp, you wouldn't mark them or anything, or they would be done before wrapped. But, could you marinate them in something for a short time?If so, I think that would be a great itm on his chef Tasting menu! Thanks for the idea, LJ! Now tell us how to do it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Cedar Chicken Thighs by Lorraine (" Or scallops??? "[...)
I'll figure it out by next weekend...unless you need it sooner. Mind you of course that THIS Chef will have it on HIS menu if all goes well...

Big Diver Scallops...yup that's the way to go. How about Maryland "Soft Shell" Blue Crabs???

I might just be able to pull this off...
  Re: Re: Cedar Chicken Thighs by firechef (I'll figure it out b...)
I'm heading to the fish market tomorrow for some scallops.... the pork, I have, so can play with that too.
www.achefsjourney.com