Potato Chips with Chevre, etc. Revisited
  Re: (...)
O.K. last night was the 'unveiling' of this hors for a party. Instead of schmearing the goat cheese on the tato chip, I thinned it with a little milk to be able to pipe it and what a difference! I used a fairly small star tip, sprinkled with the bacon and dobbed just a little of the pepper jelly, arranged them on a platter and sprinkled the chopped chives over all - it was just beautiful and really tasty!!

For the jelly, I found a "Four Monks Jalapeno jelly" medium heat - just perfect!

Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon

Serves 12
"F&W's Grace Parisi loves using extra-crispy, thick-cut potato chips as the base for quick hors d'oeuvres. Here she tops the chips with creamy goat cheese, sweet-spicy pepper jelly and smoky bacon."

6 oz. sliced bacon
36 thick-cut potato chips (I made my chips from Russets)
5 oz. fresh goat cheese, softened
3 T. sweet red pepper jelly (I used 7-pepper jelly)
1 T. snipped chives

Cook the sliced bacon till crisp; drain, cool and crumble.

Arrange the chips on a serving platter. spread or pipe 1 tsp. of the goat cheese onto each potato chip. Top with a small dollop of the pepper jelly, sprinkle with the bacon and chives and serve right away.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Potato Chips with Chevre, etc. Revisited by cjs (O.K. last night was ...)
Sounds great, Jean. Two questions. Did you deep fry or bake the chips? Did you serve them at room temp? Thx!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Potato Chips with Chevre, etc. Revisited by Lorraine (Sounds great, Jean. ...)
I deep fried them for the party, but I'm going to play with baking them this weekend. Yes, served at room temp. darn, I wish I'd gotten a picture.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Potato Chips with Chevre, etc. Revisited by cjs (I deep fried them fo...)
Thanks! Might be this weekend's project!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.