Thursday Dinner?
  Re: (...)
My husband bought a KitchenAid panini/sandwich maker at Costco the other day so I'm going to break it in with "Southwestern Chicken Paninis" from C@H. It has a cilantro pesto that sounds wonderful. Has anyone made this recipe before?
  Re: Thursday Dinner? by Trixxee (My husband bought a ...)
Yes! It's a terrific recipe.

We've got a build up of leftovers and will be out of town this weekend for my nephew's wedding - so it will be Smorgass-Borgass at our house tonight.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (Yes! It's a terrifi...)
Is that from the latest issue - #69? (I don't see it if it is)

Don't know yet what I'll have - but after playing with 54 chix thighs the last couple of days, it sure ain't gonna be chix thighs!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner? by cjs (Is that from the lat...)
I'm doing Pho Bowls. Meatless so going to use some seared tofu.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner? by DFen911 (I'm doing Pho Bowls....)
Denise, I know there are many differing tofus on the market and I'm never sure the best to use for searing and adding to dishes - what do you buy?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner? by cjs (Denise, I know there...)
You're all going to laugh but I was supposed to work from 2pm until midnight and with the two hours of travel each way this week wasn't planing anything for tonight and Holly would have made do with something frozen from the microwave but since I have the day off due to my "trainer" being sick I am doing homemade (not by me) cheddar brats soaked in beer with smoked beans and we are doing s'mores after supper...simple but fun.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner? by cjs (Denise, I know there...)
" after playing with 54 chix thighs "

Good thing you're not here, that's what we're having!!! One wants grilled chicken, the other wants fettucine alfredo, so, I'll do both, make a salad, and call it a day!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner? by Lorraine (" after playing with...)
Grilled pork chops with Rhubarb Chutney - I think this recipe was posted last year by Jean. This will be my first time making it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner? by esgunn (Grilled pork chops w...)
I finally got to make the Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe from Cuisine at home, October 2004, Issue 47, p. 23 I copied from here a while back. Way better than any way I've ever made it! YUM! I served it with Jean's Creamy Polenta. Hubby RAVED about both.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I finally got to mak...)
Oh good, I'm glad you liked the polenta - I bet it was good with chix cordon bleu.
www.achefsjourney.com