Tuscan Bean Pasta Review - Issue 69
  Re: (...)
We made the Tuscan Bean Pasta last night when teenage daughter had to work. She wouldn't care for this kind of dish. It's a soupy mixture served over escarole. Start with sweating onion, garlic, diced carrots, thyme and red pepper flakes. Add chix broth, lemon juice and white wine. Then add pre-cooked stuffed pasta, I used cheese tortellini, grape tomatoes and white beans. Serve the soupy mixture over escarole. Top with a lemon-thyme gremolata. I hadn't used escarole before and find I don't really care for bitter taste. The recipe says you could sub spinach, which I think I might have liked better. So I guess I would rate this recipe as just okay.
  Re: Tuscan Bean Pasta Review - Issue 69 by HomeCulinarian (We made the Tuscan B...)
Thanks for the review. I do like escarole. And funnily enough, I think every time I've had it there were white beans involved.
  Re: Re: Tuscan Bean Pasta Review - Issue 69 by Trixxee (Thanks for the revie...)
Well, since I'm stuck with an overbought BIG bag of spinach, this might be the way to go! Hadn't even really looked at this recipe. Thanks for posting this, HC.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuscan Bean Pasta Review - Issue 69 by cjs (Well, since I'm stuc...)
I was curious about this one too. Since I'm not crazy about escarole, I would rather use spinach also. Thanks for the review, HC, and the suggestion.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."